Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Apologies if this question actually belongs somewhere else, I don't often venture into this forum. I have a Razer Man-O-War wireless headset, and the microphone setup seems to be the stupidest thing imaginable. If your microphone is unmuted, it plays everything you say into the mic into your headphones. At about an eighth-second delay. If you've heard of speech jamming, this is exactly what it's doing, all the time. And it doesn't seem to be possible to turn it off without muting the microphone. It's not part of the software options - in fact, it displays this behavior even if the thing isn't plugged into a PC. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it possible to disable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
loving lol, per the FAQ you need to contact Razer for a firmware update to turn this off. (Search on that page for "mic monitor".)

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Ecch. Well, I can turn it pretty low with that setting, and it kind of stops jamming me then. Still pretty distracting, though. Thanks!

• Locked thread