Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Problem description: My kid decided the power button on the NAS box I've built was awesomely fun and started pushing it a bunch yesterday. The box no longer POST's. I get about 30 seconds of boot, then the BMC light begins blinking at a 1 second interval. I've got a monitor plugged in to the VGA port and it simply flashes/on off with the BMC light, going from connected/disconnected.

Attempted fixes:
Swapped RAM around/tried single sticks.
Disconnected/reconnected cables.
The support manual doesn't say anything about the BMC light unfortunately. I did put in a support request with them but haven't heard back yet.
I've been googling around the BMC indicator but haven't turned up anything useful.
Pulled CMOS battery overnight.
Tried switching the ME_Recovery Jumper to on.

Recent changes: No recent hardware changes.

--

Operating system: FreeNAS Coral 10.3. Ugh, I upgraded when it was released and then they rolled it back, it's been pretty stable for me though other than perf decrease.

System specs: Home built box.
Motherboard: ASROCK E3C226D2I Mini ITX Server Motherboard, LGA 1150 DDR3 1066
CPU: Intel I3-4130T 2.90 3 LGA 1150 Processor BX80646I34130T
RAM: 2x Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 Unbuffered ECC UDIMM 240-Pin Server Memory CT102472BA160B
HDD: WD Red 2 TB NAS Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, SATA III, 64 MB Cache - WD20EFRX
PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green 380 Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

------

EDIT: I got it going in the end.

withoutclass fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread