Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Problem description: My wifi card will randomly drop all signals, kicking me off the internet until I turn off and on again the wifi card or I restart. Other devices in the house are connected to the router with no trouble so I know the issue in my computer/wifi adapter.

Attempted fixes: I've tried changing the Wifi channel, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, rolling back drivers to factory setting, a full system reformat, changing a bunch of services from manual to automatic, and disabling the power save option in device manager

Recent changes: None that I am aware of

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

System specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K @ 3.50GHz,
Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
Motherboard: Alienware 0XJKKD
Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Bitter fly fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Do you have another computer in the house with this same card and you could swap the cards around?

If not, do you have any other computer (that is also on windows 10) you could put the card into and see if the problem follows the card?

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MF_James posted:

Do you have another computer in the house with this same card and you could swap the cards around?

If not, do you have any other computer (that is also on windows 10) you could put the card into and see if the problem follows the card?

No :(

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Are you sure you have the newest drivers? Check here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 you can filter on Windows 10 only with a drop-down.

It looks like they just released a new version 19.60.0 on 5/9, try those drivers directly from the site, if those don't work, try the older versions they have listed as well 19.50.1 and 19.40.0.

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MF_James posted:

Are you sure you have the newest drivers? Check here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 you can filter on Windows 10 only with a drop-down.

It looks like they just released a new version 19.60.0 on 5/9, try those drivers directly from the site, if those don't work, try the older versions they have listed as well 19.50.1 and 19.40.0.

Will do, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitter fly
Sep 25, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
As an update, I tried older drivers from that page you suggested and that did the trick. Now it only kicks me from having signals if im downloading something thats really big. Thanks for your help :shobon:

• Locked thread