Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a decent PVE solo-capable build that starts with Swordsman 1 > Swordsman 2? That's as far as I got apparently and a lot of the builds I can see are like a year old and so probably don't work anymore?

Failing that if I just want to screw around with whatever is there a way to reset class progression/choice, or is it path Path of Exiles and you're stuck with your choices forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

IMC does reset events occasionally, usually when level cap is raised (and new classes) or when theres major reworks affected classes will get them.

As for Sword2 builds, you can definitely make some (it would probably go Sword3 as well), but getting to rank 2 is such a non factor that you absolutely shouldn't feel stressed about remaking them. If they have anything nice on them (like hats!) you can just drop them in team storage and call it a day.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Oh, and get in our discord server, we talk a lot about game stuff (and other stuff, I'm sure you know goons :cheeky:)

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
You have a couple of choices going into the early mid game as a swordie2. If you feel like you're not popping enough monsters fast enough, give Highlander a try, and if you like Highlander, keep putting more circles into that. It's a great way to experience that part of the game if you haven't yet.

The other option that can be enjoyable takes a little more investment, and that is to go Hoplite. Like Highlander, it also has fun attacks for most situations and sets you up to take either the Go Fast Class Cataphract or, much later on, Dragoon/Lancer.

Lastly, after you've tried one of those branches, tack on that last Circle 3 of Swordsman, because a long long Pain Barrier buff means less knockdown frustration which equals more fun too!

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

How is the Necromancer class in this? I just like playing ARPGs where I have too many summons and I can't see poo poo.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Pierson posted:

I got this on release but I'm not gonna lie I bounced off it really hard almost instantly when I realised not only was the grind unreasonable but it also wasn't fun at all. I tried Paladin because I like tanking/buffing melee but it felt really weak and the abilities didn't feel cool to pull off (also the fact that being an MMO rather than an ARPG meant people better at the game cleared areas out before I could even get there).

I'm an avid Diablo 3 player so I'm down with grinds to see numbers go up and get bigger but at least Diablo 3 made you feel powerful even when you were still relatively a baby. Has the game changed this much from release?

Edit: Also on the off-chance Paladin really was just a boring class; what's the current hot-poo poo class that looks cool and lets me murder thousands of rabbits/slimes?

So having basically done the same thing as you. Played beta, hated it, picked it back up a month ago. I can say this.

My swordsman and cleric characters, still feel as boring to play as they did in beta, but they level about 1000 times faster so they are still way more fun then they were.

I am legitimately enjoying playing my archer and wizard characters and they level just as fast.

The build I have enjoyed most so far was archer 2->ranger 2-> Appraiser->Schwarzer Reiter 3-> Bullet Marker

The only really bad part about it was the quest to become an appraiser.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

space marine todd posted:

How is the Necromancer class in this? I just like playing ARPGs where I have too many summons and I can't see poo poo.

TOS necro summons are more like supplemental damage/debuffs, the rest of your build will still need a strong core rather than relying on them completely. Almost all necros get at least one circle of Sorcerer for their big card summon, and usually Cryomancer in the early ranks for the insane cc, but that's going away with the big wizard overhaul coming up. They are solid lazy-farmers even though you can't afk farm with them like the old days. A nice bonus of necro builds is that summons scale off spirit now, so you will never have to drink a mana pot.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
:siren: All servers for their respective regions have merged :siren:
For anyone who dropped ToS over population die-off, Klaipedia and Orsha communities are now one. Dungeon queues and the auction house are way more active, for now the game is alive.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

When's next reset event Silento?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I dunno, they gave out resets for some classes a few weeks back because those classes got balance changes. I'd assume there won't be another full reset event until Rank 10, which is most likely a ways away. Rank 9 came out in October or November in kToS, I believe?

Also, all Wizards will be able to get a reset a day per character for a week or two whenever the Wizard balance patch hits our version. I think every character with the Shinobi prequest done gets a single one at the same time, but I'm not sure if that only includes Swordsman with it completed for obvious reasons.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I want to get into this because I want to be a cute anime cleric. What do I need to know?

EDIT: So far having a good time hitting things with a mace and a bunch of magic. Have a bunch of free tomes and a respec potion I got in the mail for free so I've been evenly distributing my stats like a scrub because I don't know if I want to be a monk or a paladin or both.

Sarkozymandias fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 28, 2018

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

my gf started playing this and i'm thinking about joining her how is the corsair class i just want to be a pirate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

It's my favorite class and its quite good after the buffs a month or two back! :)

• Locked thread