Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mr. Apollo posted:

In WW it's a traditional three pronged trident. Aquaman's has five prongs.

Screencaps

Aquaman in JL

Tridents are like razors. They keep adding more and more prongs. Frankly, I'm more of a single prong guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mr. Apollo posted:

Aquaman in JL

My god Jason Momoa is beautiful. It's unfair that he didn't get to be in a better Conan movie, because, in terms of casting, he's pretty much perfect.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 15, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They definitely seem to be playing up Aquaman as the DCEU's Thor, and crazily enough they might actually pull it off. I suppose 'cast ridiculously handsome and charismatic people' is pretty much cheat codes for superhero movies, but still.

But in any case, no reason he can only have one trident.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
Zeus' original trident could still be the ancient alien allspark that kicks off this race of superhuman trident fetishists, but it's, like, long since dissolved into their bloodstreams or whatever like the Prometheus opening sequence.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hope he picks it up and just goes trident akimbo

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I was thinking that we might see the original trident as some sort of almost sacred relic.

Also, this is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/908539706077462529

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was thinking that we might see the original trident as some sort of almost sacred relic.

Also, this is pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/908539706077462529

When they make Batman Beyond this should be how the bat signal works

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
300, eh?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

300 drones. What a world we live in.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I heard 300 of them can hold off over 300,000 paper airplanes.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

MacheteZombie posted:

When they make Batman Beyond this should be how the bat signal works
and the wings flap and the bat flys around :3:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Really great short video essay on Wonder Woman's theme/score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTXVY9bDtVY

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

That's pretty cool. I hadn't thought about how there was no modern superhero film with their own specific theme. As soon as you hear that electric cello you instantly think of WW.

I liked how they showed the modification of the theme being used in different ways.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
The closest we come is another Zimmer joint with the Batman motif with the Dark Knight trilogy, and that's mostly really the first two flicks. The third one is mostly him playing with combining the existing themes made of that motif rather than developing the motif itself.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 18, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just saw the movie

Mostly forgettable trash. I did like Diana though. The story and villain and everything else was poo poo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

'Wonder Woman' Wraps Up With $411M Domestic, $819M Worldwide box office. Amazing run. I imagine the hype train for the sequel is gonna be huge and push Wonder Woman into the billion dollar box office.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

teagone posted:

'Wonder Woman' Wraps Up With $411M Domestic, $819M Worldwide box office. Amazing run. I imagine the hype train for the sequel is gonna be huge and push Wonder Woman into the billion dollar box office.

That is pretty amazing. It ended up well ahead of either of the Marvel releases of the year. It probably helps that both of them were sort of functional/redundant.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

[quote="“teagone”" post="“476566769”"]
‘Wonder Woman’ Wraps Up With $411M Domestic, $819M Worldwide box office. Amazing run. I imagine the hype train for the sequel is gonna be huge and push Wonder Woman into the billion dollar box office.
[/quote]Amazing. Does anyone know what the initial projections were? I seem to recall after opening weekend people began to speculate it was going to surprise everyone with its box office take.

I have no idea why the quote turned out that that. Maybe it’s an iOS 11 thing?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
X amount of dollars? Stunning.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Finally saw the film.

Not sure what I was expecting from a superhero movie, but large slices of it were pretty banal. The whole starting island, and the diverse but completely pointless jolly crew of scoundrels for example.

However, the lead actress is very very good. I enjoyed the action scenes that eventually ascended to full anime. With a tighter script and better direction, this character could be going places.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I have mentioned that Diana's multi-ethnic team was like something out of a Golden Age comic book to the point where I was half convinced they were.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope the Blackhawks get some kind of shout-out in the DCCU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just saw this

I thought it was great and moving but my favorite part is when the sailboat ends up in London overnight and the movie doesn't even worry about it . It just did . They got a tug or something .

Gadot is utterly fantastic .

• Locked thread