Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Spider War, Spider War
Courtesy of the Spider Corps
Spin a web, giant sized
Buzzards caught just like flies
Look out!
Here comes the Spider War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)

It is now possible to create armies of cyberneticaly enhanced arachnids on Arachnotopia. A few are commissioned into service.

Long-delayed research on spacefaring organisms finally get completed.

The gas creatures are moved to their new home.

Remains of old robots are found on Crienttor Prime.

Research on better armor, based on debris picked up from the Buzzards, begins.

Dr. Dietrich passes away. A funeral for the inventor of the warp drive is held in Stuttgart, his hometown.

Replacing him on the UNS Gagarin is Dr. Jianfeng He.

Dr. Batista continues to research further military technology.

In a disturbing turn of events, the Blessed Parid Alliance breaks the non-aggression pact.

As a result, we decide to enter a defensive pact with the Trinikan Partnership. They then propose a migration treaty as well. We accept.

Another strange world is found. Research on it is deferred for a while.

Dr. Zheng starts work on applications on terraforming. Dr. Zhivenkov, after her project on gas, begins to work on more weaponry for the Navy.

In a strange turn of events, the Trinkans enter into a non-aggressive pact with the Blessed Parid Alliance. It seems as if peace will persist for now.

Dr. Dietrich's notes have been uncovered, some pages covered in paranoid ramblings about a mysterious creature. Although some in the scientific community dismiss it as the senile rantings of an old man, eventually a project is put in place to see if there is any truth to these ramblings.

The General Assembly meets to discuss a few topics.

GENERAL ASSEMBLY
It's time to vote on two topics:
First, what Prosperity Tradition should we pursue:

• Standard Construction Templates, which reduce ship and building costs by 15%
  • Trans-Stellar Corporations, which unlocks the Private Colony Ship

Also, Dr. Batista, our head of Engineering Research, wants to know if he should pursue researching cruisers or robots.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
STCs and Cruisers: Better, cheaper ships.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Voting for [b]Cruisers and Colonies[]b]

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Let us have our own Synthetic Dawn
And Cash for Colony Ships

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Trans-Stellar Corporations

Cruisers

e: Changed from Standard Construction Templates to Trans-Stellar Corporations.

alcaras fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 25, 2017

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Standard construction templates and robots! :colbert:

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Standard Constructions Templates and Robots!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Robots are a sub-optimal use of resources which could be spent on spider armies.

Spidarmies.

Anyway, Construction Templates and Cruisers.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
STCs and Robots. :awesomelon:

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Haifisch posted:

Cheap ships, with cheap crews to operate 'em. No way that's gonna go Skynet on us, nosiree!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
SCT and Cruisers

Bigger ships for less!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

SCT and Cruisers

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Cruisers and Transtellar Corporations you idiots because with it we can make an expansion boom with energy, it's way easier to get then minerals, let's get STCs when we have an actual enemy to fight

just didn't go full contrarian because robots loving suck until you get the kind that can colonize any planet including tombs

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

SCT, Cruisers

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Persuaded by bagual, whose words hold promise of an energy-boom fueled expansion of the human race, I have instructed my delegate to the assembly to vote for Trans-Stellar Corporations instead. We would do well to heed his wisdom, however caustically expressed, for is it not written, "From the mouths of babes..."

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

bagual posted:

Cruisers and Transtellar Corporations you idiots

I'm convinced, voting for this.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ROBITS AND ZORG INDUSTRIES

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Well... with the new update, I should ask do we want to continue using a backdated version of the game or start anew?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I think it would be a bit of a shame to abandon the game halfway through. Keep going.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Halfway through? We haven't even unlocked Cruisers yet! And I'm certain we're still merely on our second Tradition.

Then again it would mean giving up the amazingly fitting Kitsu, and the Birdmen.

Then again again, you have a whole set of mods installed. Will those work with the new patch yet?

Nonetheless, I'm voting to change it up!

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
I'd wait until 1.8.1 comes out; there are a few bugs, mostly with machine empires, but if the thread decides to do a machine empire they will be relevant.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Keep moving forward with this one if possible. if not, write up how we accidentally increased entropy and big crush/big bang'd ourselves into the new world

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Yeah I'm enjoying this one and would like to see the finale.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I would also like to see this one continue.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Looks like the save works... for now. If there's a show stopping glitch, I can always have one of our characters accidentally find himself in another universe, maybe as a different species.

Danny Glands fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 4, 2017

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
Yes! So glad there's a Stellaris LP!

I just started playing a couple weeks ago and am hooked. I was playing vanilla but will give the DLC a shot.

My traditions have different stats than yours...I'm guessing that's due to the DLCs you have installed?

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Yeah, sorry this laid dormant for a month. Midterms and all. I'll get back on this soon as I can.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Life comes first, thanks for update. Hope you did well on midterms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almanac
Mar 16, 2008

OLD SCHOOL
Seconded. First give em Hell, then, if you have time, give us screenshots :awesomelon:

• Locked thread