Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Just got the mk3 ffffffff

Oh yeah, you can wreck mk2s so hard with mk3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

Oh yeah, you can wreck mk2s so hard with mk3.

Mostly I end up wrecking myself but it's fun as heck.

That thing does not contribute to our team and if I see any of you fleet up with it you better make such a nuisance of yourself the other team rage quits.

e: first time in an mk3 speeder we kiiiiiled

I got about 1k damage points to the top who had 3k but I maybe enjoyed it more? Shooters and Fixers are greater than all the Speeders but ya know, boring.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
If I can get a blue carronade I feel like the mk3 speeder would be worth it , but right now I'm liking my mk2 shooter with blue cannon, blue sniper and green big torpedo. Nothing as satisfying as hitting a whole bunched up team for 500 damage at once

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
I'm getting a lot of blues that I use, and a few purples, but drat is it getting expensive to upgrade them all into the first evolution. Parts are scarce!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SamEyeAm posted:

I'm getting a lot of blues that I use, and a few purples, but drat is it getting expensive to upgrade them all into the first evolution. Parts are scarce!

I am sorry to hear that. I often lack for gray weirdly enough. It's like this whole thing is designed to make you make impulse purchases!

Still crazy addicted to it though so w/e.

e: infodump in case anyone else is playing still

My favorites are the sniper cannon when I have line of sight, regular cannon for over the waves, swift torpedo to be a nuisance (this doesn't seem to work in close range and neither does the railgun.) All on a shooter. 3-way torpedo for the fixer which has kinda poo poo dps but keeps them on their toes if you're trying to actually do medic poo poo. For yellow, the tesla bolt is fast and going to hit so even though it's zero dps it will make sure their stuff is broke for a couple seconds...

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 27, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SamEyeAm posted:

If you evolve your greens it upgrades the rewards for scrapping them. Im not sure if it does parts as well, but I know if you scrap a lvl21 green, you are guaranteed a blue power cell.

Course, I dont have enough green parts spare to drop that much on upgrading one just to scrap, but eventually there will be a solution.

edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMcyPEPE4a0 explains it better.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I applied in game as SineSineSINE. My infamy's hanging around 180-200, it's hard to get over that hump with mk1 ships but I'm almost to captain level 10 so I can get me that sweet mk2 shooter.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Time for some hints then, feel free to contribute.

(1) Cram as many cannons as possible onto your ship. Include the sniper cannon for long range shenanigans.
(2) Dont charge in first. Let some other sucker do that.
(3a) Try to focus down weaker unfriends first. Even if they have gently caress all HP left, they can still pump out damage.
(3b) Dont chase unreasonably. If they run and you cant catch them quickly, let them go, keep a mental note of which way they went, and move onto the next target. If they come back, retarget and destroy.
(4) Kill the fixer asap.
(5) If your fixer is lobbing crates to noone, dont pick them up. Leave them till they are needed.
(6) If you suck with mortars, go fixer with crates and get some good practise in at leading shots.

Any more to add to the list?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

But Not Tonight posted:

I applied in game as SineSineSINE. My infamy's hanging around 180-200, it's hard to get over that hump with mk1 ships but I'm almost to captain level 10 so I can get me that sweet mk2 shooter.

Added.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Time for some hints then, feel free to contribute.

(1) Cram as many cannons as possible onto your ship. Include the sniper cannon for long range shenanigans.
(3a) Try to focus down weaker unfriends first. Even if they have gently caress all HP left, they can still pump out damage.
(3b) Dont chase unreasonably. If they run and you cant catch them quickly, let them go, keep a mental note of which way they went, and move onto the next target. If they come back, retarget and destroy.
(4) Kill the fixer asap.
(5) If your fixer is lobbing crates to noone, dont pick them up. Leave them till they are needed.
(6) If you suck with mortars, go fixer with crates and get some good practise in at leading shots.

Any more to add to the list?

It's a good list. I do best with a cannon, a sniper cannon and probably should just make it another cannon but I have a really good swift torpedo that does 34 dps and I keep messing about with it. And sometimes a ballpark mortar for shooting over stuff (usually hitting the ceiling and feeling quite stupid)

Something about that big green (red to unfriends) thing swooping around over you. It's got psychological impact if not so much in the dps.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

I can't stop please help. Putting big motors in things is fun but I think the numbers would bear out that you should use that speed to get out of trouble. But it's a game and should be fun. Rush in all feckless and such.

Fun to watch your ship burned to the waterline as one of your teammates bumps up against a wall and tosses a mine somewhere for their finishing move. Fun. Times.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

But Not Tonight posted:

Made it to 430 on the mk1. Might tick to lvl 10 today. My comments would be: 1. Find who has the most HP and hide behind them. 2. Never stop moving 3. Keep track of how the wave is breaking. Riding along the crest of a wave can give excellent shots while making you difficult to hit. 4. The autoaim system with dual canons makes circle straffing pretty viable. 5. With your turret locked you can shoot from parts of the wave that the enemy cannot hit you from. 6. Always remove any guns from the game that you can.

That's mostly it I think. On certain maps you can ark cannon shells over top of the walls. Again abuse autoaim for that. Actually pretty much always autoaim lock a target IMO because aiming is a bitch and paying more attention to your sailing is better.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Made it to 430 on the mk1. Might tick to lvl 10 today. My comments would be: 1. Find who has the most HP and hide behind them. 2. Never stop moving 3. Keep track of how the wave is breaking. Riding along the crest of a wave can give excellent shots while making you difficult to hit. 4. The autoaim system with dual canons makes circle straffing pretty viable. 5. With your turret locked you can shoot from parts of the wave that the enemy cannot hit you from. 6. Always remove any guns from the game that you can.

That's mostly it I think. On certain maps you can ark cannon shells over top of the walls. Again abuse autoaim for that. Actually pretty much always autoaim lock a target IMO because aiming is a bitch and paying more attention to your sailing is better.

This guy knows what's up. Autoaim lets you keep better situational awareness and just keep plugging away while you try to use the waves. Look around, keep unloading. It's tempting (which is why I always fall for it) to keep it unlocked and pick away at the shots you know you'll make but that laser focus ends up with you getting shot to pieces.

*is the tower sniper from Saving Pvt. Ryan*

"this is gonna end well for me, I can feel it"

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Thanks to both of y'all, these tips helped a lot. Managed to pick up almost 100 infamy today, seems to be a bit better now that I've got a better idea of what to do.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Also, im sure most of you have worked this out by now, but its better to buy bigger bundles of spare parts from the market.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

Also, im sure most of you have worked this out by now, but its better to buy bigger bundles of spare parts from the market.

I don't think you get a costco bulk discount though?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

syscall girl posted:

I don't think you get a costco bulk discount though?

It's not a huge discount, but every little bit counts

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

I'm patton1010 in guild.

I have Shooter and Fixer both at Mk3. The other 3 ships I haven't touched.

On Shooter I run 2 Blast Cannons and a Big Berta mortar. The blast cannons projectile is slow, but I'm getting good at leading from max distance and they deal a lot of damage. I have an epic and a rare BC, but I'm considering scrapping my rare BC and using the parts to upgrade my rare cannon so I can have some quick cooldown firepower when needed. Also use a turbo and shield.

I love Big Berta. I've nearly got Mortimer trained down to the two talents that will increase BB's damage by 30%. Combine that with the earlier talent that gives a 50% damage bonus to direct mortar hits, and the Unfriends better watch out.

On my Fixer I run my epic Blast Cannon because the longer cooldown helps me focus on healing duties. Also use an epic healing pulse and a green crate launcher that I've got to tier II, plus an Overboost and turbo to get to hurting Friends faster.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Done with this game for now. Too many other things to play. Passed off leadership. Since I left, that pending invite can be accepted now.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DontMindMe posted:

Done with this game for now. Too many other things to play. Passed off leadership. Since I left, that pending invite can be accepted now.

:tipshat:

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

DontMindMe posted:

Not me. This game has got its hooks in me!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SamEyeAm posted:

Not me. This game has got its hooks in me!

I like it way too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXTSRQW6n4A&t=656s

Shades of Wind Waker + ya know, upgrading stuff

Since it's only been going for a few months hopefully Rovio will make a bunch of changes to the fleet system but if not it's still fun.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

syscall girl posted:

Since it's only been going for a few months hopefully Rovio will make a bunch of changes to the fleet system but if not it's still fun.

Agreed. Being able to Fleet with more than 1 other person would make this 5v5 game that much better. Maybe a ranked league where you can make a full fleet of friends, then a casual league with the current system of 2 friend max.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

A month since last post and this is still my #1 game. I'm currently at 2441 infamy and nearing my Mk5 Fixer in a few more levels.

Why aren't more of you playing this Very Good Game?!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

SamEyeAm posted:

A month since last post and this is still my #1 game. I'm currently at 2441 infamy and nearing my Mk5 Fixer in a few more levels.

I got too frustrated at teammates and myself, so I quit before I broke my phone.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SamEyeAm posted:

I think my peak infamy was 1640? Now I'm in a Master Div. III it's 1400. :shrug:

Mk4 Speeder and Shooter at this point but it'll be a while before I can get any Mk5s.

Play every day though. And Goonfleet has two open slots FYI :toot:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
This is a neat little WoWS lite, applied to the guild. Turns out the mk1 enforcer can fit a mortar (got a purple one from something) and a frost launcher so I can putter around being Artillery Scum

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Archenteron posted:

This is a neat little WoWS lite, applied to the guild. Turns out the mk1 enforcer can fit a mortar (got a purple one from something) and a frost launcher so I can putter around being Artillery Scum

Did you get in? If we missed you or dissed you there's still one slot left (and a few that probably need emptying of people who don't play at all but that's another thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
So, they had done something weird to the rewards system.

Stuff I was getting 10k for and ~20k if I watched an ad turned into 3k and 5k.

I looked at my damage levels and if I'm playing fixer my healing levels and they rivalled the best of the opposing team.

They seem to have changed it back now though so I'm getting 20k per fight.

Also, Goonfleet still has one open slot.

• Locked thread