Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scroon

A little while back I saw a horsehawk menacing the neighborhood horses so I went outside and chased it away with a broom before it could make a meal of them. Anyway, long story short, one of them swung by my house the other day to notify me that I "am declared Horsefriend forevermore." Can someone explain what this means and what duties/privileges it confers, if any?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

I think the horses have come up with a very clever euphemism for "janitor." perhaps we have underestimated these cunning creatures.

ty nesamdoom!

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
always have apples on hand in case a horse wants a tasty treat, this will only solidify your position as horsefriend.

don't mention mr. ed: his is a tale that many horses look down upon with disgust. he basically sold his soul in order to reach unheard of heights in show biz.

The Rolling Stones wrote a song called "Wild Horses" and some of the lyrics are "wild horses couldn't drag me away." if you ever sing or recite this song, alter the lyrics to reflect that wild horses could indeed drag you away.

when talking of engine capabilities, "horse" power is insulting, implying that the engine is capable of functioning more efficiently than hundreds or sometimes thousands of horses. instead of horsepower you should say "cat power." for example, my Ferrari has more than 65,700 cat power.

don't make jokes about long faces unless they are about barnacle jim.

good luck horsefriend!

i am he

we're lucky that horse bandits didn't have access to the horse masks from funny youtube videos in addition to cool bandanas for their own faces

i am he

if my aunt had 4 hooves, a beautiful flowing mane, the engorged muscles of a thoroughbred budweiser, and the longer and bigger in general teeth but still pretty similar to human teeth, then she'd be the uncle of my dreams

super sweet best pal

Just keep being nice to horses.

FactsAreUseless

They're trying to suck you into an MLM scheme. Horses aren't that bright.

Scroon

Thanks friends. The horses came around this morning. Apparently there's a special hat horsefriends get to wear! It is very shiny but it kind of looks like a cheap top hat rolled in glue and glitter and buttons. But I appreciate their thoughtfulness and the seriousness of the position.

A couple of the horses looked like they were trying to suppress laughter when they also presented the Horsefriend Large Bowtie that I must wear to be known to every horse and horsekin. I wonder what the joke is; maybe I'll get it soon now that I'm one of them!

Twenty Four

The horses may say it behooves you to wear the hat and tie, to trot you out like that, but I say neigh, you don't have to put up with them horsing around like that.

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Give it a lather.

slowm fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 22, 2017

FactsAreUseless

Scroon posted:

Thanks friends. The horses came around this morning. Apparently there's a special hat horsefriends get to wear! It is very shiny but it kind of looks like a cheap top hat rolled in glue and glitter and buttons. But I appreciate their thoughtfulness and the seriousness of the position.
They're going to charge you money for this later. It's an MLM scheme.

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Get the thingy that makes your bowtie spin

Sont make long face jokes tho
They thimk our faces are too short

Sensual Simian

summer jorts

slowm posted:

Give it a lather.

Scroon

I invited the horses to my house so we could watch Boys Over Flowers (my favorite Korean school drama) and I am so awkward at hosting

Things escalated and long story short I may have eaten one of the horses and the others are surely never going to be my friend ever again now

Sigh

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
When I grow up I want to be a horse.

Peg Sliderskew

Scroon posted:

I invited the horses to my house so we could watch Boys Over Flowers (my favorite Korean school drama) and I am so awkward at hosting

Things escalated and long story short I may have eaten one of the horses and the others are surely never going to be my friend ever again now

Sigh

Speaking as someone with two horses attached to every post, they will be too scared not to be your friend now, especially if you ate the horse raw.

I'm assuming you mean that you ate a horse literally, btw. If you are talking euphemistically, that's a whole different piece of advice.

Courtesy of Manifisto

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
Do not ask horses to remove their shoes when they enter your home even if that is your general policy.

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

N. Senada

My kidneys are busted
If a horse enters your vision say "of course" two times, and only two times.

:ghost: Happy halloween :ghost:

Scroon

hockey jockey posted:

I'm assuming you mean that you ate a horse literally, btw. If you are talking euphemistically, that's a whole different piece of advice.
Generally literally. I didn't eat the hooves though; I'm not a barbarian.

Sometimes I get nervous in social situations and I just try to stuff everything in my mouth as a defense mechanism.

Twenty Four

Scroon posted:

Sometimes I get nervous in social situations and I just try to stuff everything in my mouth as a defense mechanism.

Same, when the social situation is a sex party.

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
Tamed and saddled horses can be used as one of the fastest means of transportation in the game, though they are unable to fit through single block-wide openings. They can also be used to climb hills, as some horses can jump high enough to clear up to five block heights, versus the player's maximum of about one (without a potion). Donkeys and mules can be equipped with chests and used as pack animals

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Scroon posted:

Sigh

i know a ninja who resembles a horse when she removes her horseninja mask. she could blend in long enough to put some good words in for you, friend scroon.

crimes

Impkins Patootie

phallocentriloquist posted:

always have apples on hand in case a horse wants a tasty treat, this will only solidify your position as horsefriend.

don't mention mr. ed: his is a tale that many horses look down upon with disgust. he basically sold his soul in order to reach unheard of heights in show biz.

The Rolling Stones wrote a song called "Wild Horses" and some of the lyrics are "wild horses couldn't drag me away." if you ever sing or recite this song, alter the lyrics to reflect that wild horses could indeed drag you away.

when talking of engine capabilities, "horse" power is insulting, implying that the engine is capable of functioning more efficiently than hundreds or sometimes thousands of horses. instead of horsepower you should say "cat power." for example, my Ferrari has more than 65,700 cat power.

don't make jokes about long faces unless they are about barnacle jim.

good luck horsefriend!

gently caress my rear end has a Dodge Challenger SRT H*ckcat that has 666,666 caterwauling pusses under da hood and has been banned by NHRA, the SPCA, and the FDA for being too :radcat:

Impkins Patootie

i heard the H*ckcat at wide open throttle sounds like being front row at a sigur ros concert in front of an erupting volcano - the sound is that of 666,666 warmed over screaming cats out of h*ck

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
drat listen to them pussies holler! full bore screaming kitty haulin and truckin gently caress a horse shove these cats in your rear end! yee haw precious cat powers are the life force of America

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
As a Horsefriend, you now have the responsibility to offer rides to any tired horsies. Serve your friends well, and you will be rewarded in kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie

phallocentriloquist posted:

drat listen to them pussies holler! full bore screaming kitty haulin and truckin gently caress a horse shove these cats in your rear end! yee haw precious cat powers are the life force of America

U can aspire to be The Cat's rear end (i kno i do) but please please please do not attempt to literally shove a cat up ur rear end, thank you. :minnie:

*calls Dodge dealership to schedule an appt for oil change*

"Uhh Sir, im afraid we cant help u with that u are gonna have to find a dairy because ur cat engine requires warm unpasteurized guernsey milk not oil...pls refer to page 6-66 of the owners manual you were given when u signed and toke delivery"

*literally buys the farm*

:radcat:

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 27, 2017

• Locked thread