Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I hope they're powering up their shitpost laser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

if they are anything like i imagine they want to have sex with you but you very much don't want to have sex with them.
Speak for yourself

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The dimming is short lived and a large enough dyson swarm would habe no reason to be clumped up like that, since it orbits close to the star

So if it is aliens, then its more likely to be large sollar collectors near their home planet or other planetary colonization

Which means they only just recently got into space, when the light was transmitted, so their tech can't be too different from ours

So if the spectra shows the presence of a lot of metals, or maybe carbon allotropes, then you have aliens

If you have oxides/water/dust, you have a planetary collision

Also the dimming has already ended https://twitter.com/Astro_Wright/status/866677994173198336

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I love Tabby's Star. Classic 90s alt rock.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

rudatron posted:

The dimming is short lived and a large enough dyson swarm would habe no reason to be clumped up like that, since it orbits close to the star

So if it is aliens, then its more likely to be large sollar collectors near their home planet or other planetary colonization

Which means they only just recently got into space, when the light was transmitted, so their tech can't be too different from ours

So if the spectra shows the presence of a lot of metals, or maybe carbon allotropes, then you have aliens

Also the dimming has already ended https://twitter.com/Astro_Wright/status/866677994173198336

lotta effort in this cspam post

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRcHTdWY5lU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
They were called in by the Orb. Tiberian Sun was right.

mags
May 30, 2008

do they have ovipositors? asking for a friend

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is anyone working on interpreting the dimming as communication????

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 272 days!

mister magpie posted:

orbipositors

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

rudatron posted:

why aren't more scientists concerned that we're now living out the plot of hellstar remina? i don't want to get eaten by a planet/star/whatever the gently caress remina was

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 272 days!

Condiv posted:

why aren't more scientists concerned that we're now living out the plot of hellstar remina? i don't want to get eaten by a planet/star/whatever the gently caress remina was

fortunately, we didn't name it after a scientist's daughter and then subjected her to the insane life of a jpop idol, so we're safe

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

mister magpie posted:

thanks to google embedding images on the search page, I now know there are ovipositor dildos, complete with slimy eggs

ymgve has issued a correction as of 23:54 on May 24, 2017

mags
May 30, 2008

ymgve posted:

thanks to google embedding images on the search page, I now know there ovipositor dildos, complete with slimy eggs

Hodgepodge posted:

orbipositors

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

rudatron posted:

Past tense, were about the same level as us in a simple satellite type of scenario. What we are seeing was about 1200 years ago.

Iirc the amount of objects needed to reduce the luminosity of tabbys star would be staggering, which is why a Dyson cloud/megastructure was proposed as a non-natural explanation. I think that would rule out just a large amount of satellites near their planet.

It's clearly the remains of one of the moons of Cybertron

Khym
Jun 11, 2002
Pulsars are aliens

also binary stars

I actually don't know anything about this and am shitposting and hope it's aliens

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

I bet it's a ghost.

Edit: an alien ghost not one of our lonely spirit boys

mags
May 30, 2008

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Past tense, were about the same level as us in a simple satellite type of scenario. What we are seeing was about 1200 years ago.

Iirc the amount of objects needed to reduce the luminosity of tabbys star would be staggering, which is why a Dyson cloud/megastructure was proposed as a non-natural explanation. I think that would rule out just a large amount of satellites near their planet.

It's clearly the remains of one of the moons of Cybertron

can transformers turn into a sybian? asking for a friend

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

mister magpie posted:

can transformers turn into a sybian? asking for a friend

One of their names is Hot Rod.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Baloogan posted:

Is anyone working on interpreting the dimming as communication????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2g2ZLz_18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ymgve posted:

also interesting: "great filter" theory - http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

Global warming is a hoax though just fyi so it's definitely not that.

• Locked thread