Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

*Nodding Jeremiah Jonson*

I'm no alcoholic though, I can stop whenever I want to. The same with my gambling prob... habit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

whoflungpoop posted:

I dont drink

what t he HECK man

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Doctor told me to watch my drinking, so now I drink in front of the bathroom mirror.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I drink so much im under medical advice not to stop drinking till i go to rehab. Its damaged my body and mind greatly

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lol yeah, I don't have a drinking problem! So what if I start at 7:30 am? Need a little something to get through traffic on the way to work, you know? Then a little pick me up at work to deal with the boss. Jerk. Lunch time or margarita time as we like to call it at the office. No big deal. I got this. An afternoon nip to help with rush hour traffic. Then a sixer at home to celebrate the end of the work day. Little bit of wine with dinner. Then a chaser to relax before bed. No biggie. I don't have to do this, you know. I'm a creature of habit.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Gobblecoque posted:

what t he HECK man

Drinking was hella fun when i was too young to buy it but hangovers are the worst feeling ever, even when I did drink the biomemory of that lovely feeling would keep me away for like a year at a time

I kinda get how alcoholics get in their cycle tho, cause I know they drink to take the edge off of hangovers. I can't imagine doing that without throwing up but for some folks it works just fine and so its gotta be a real attractive option for relief

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Tokit posted:

Every weekend is a big drinking weekend when you're an alcoholic

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
alcohol is very very bad, but when its not bad, its really good

drinking a lot will catch up with you, you will have consequences mentally and physically

if you find yourself drinking just to get through boring tasks, stop and think to yourself: everything isn't supposed to be fun, and if we didn't have boring things, actual fun things would have no meaning

the alcohol is damaging your skin, your brain, and your stomach. if you drink too much you're gonna basically get some sort of weirdo IBS

drink in moderation or you'll learn

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender
I like to go to the bar and read a book when i drink, it's good.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

whoflungpoop posted:

Drinking was hella fun when i was too young to buy it but hangovers are the worst feeling ever, even when I did drink the biomemory of that lovely feeling would keep me away for like a year at a time

I kinda get how alcoholics get in their cycle tho, cause I know they drink to take the edge off of hangovers. I can't imagine doing that without throwing up but for some folks it works just fine and so its gotta be a real attractive option for relief

yeah, I can understand hating hangovers enough to stop drinking. Anytime I get a bad one I spend all morning promising Jesus and Allah and every other god ever that I'll never drink again but about six hours later I'm knee deep in a bottle again. one nice thing that I've found though is that wine never ever gives me even a hint of a hangover no matter how much of it I consume so I guess I was born destined to be a wino

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
There's no such thing as a "drinking problem." If you get drunk and make an rear end out of yourself, you're just an rear end who can usually hide that fact. Alcohol does not make a decent, non-rear end hole, person into an rear end. They always were an rear end.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Gobblecoque posted:

yeah, I can understand hating hangovers enough to stop drinking. Anytime I get a bad one I spend all morning promising Jesus and Allah and every other god ever that I'll never drink again but about six hours later I'm knee deep in a bottle again. one nice thing that I've found though is that wine never ever gives me even a hint of a hangover no matter how much of it I consume so I guess I was born destined to be a wino

Hangovers are some amateur hour poo poo. Just drink a bunch of water and a multivitamin before sleeping and you'll be fine and ready to go again the next day.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

memorial day in the us. aka everyone has a barbecue and drinks shitloads of beer

It's basically a tribute to all the soldiers who've died and left sad war widows with tons of bereavement cash from the government.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Drinking is good.

bloom posted:

Hangovers are some amateur hour poo poo. Just drink a bunch of water and a multivitamin before sleeping and you'll be fine and ready to go again the next day.

Who is in their right mind to do that before passing out on the floor?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I haven't had a drink since March, maybe even the beginning of March idk.

Got a Christening next weekend though so that should be a wild one deus vult.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I dont have a drinking problem. I just drink to solve my thinking problem.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Zippy the Bummer posted:

best of luck pennywise

someday i hope we can all find that sweet spot of buzzed yet not addicted

gently caress it maybe we should all just smoke pot.......

What I was going to do is smoke instead if I really really wanted to grab beer. But I still get anxious when I smoke so I didn't and I don't like to do it without drinking. That's dumb. During those weeks of not drinking I didn't even feel like doing any drug. It was weird.

Isaac posted:

I drink so much im under medical advice not to stop drinking till i go to rehab. Its damaged my body and mind greatly

Go to rehab. I've detoxed both in and outside a hospital. This last time I was sick for about 2 weeks. The first week was pretty bad. And the whole you can die thing.

Piss de Bundy posted:

if you find yourself drinking just to get through boring tasks, stop and think to yourself: everything isn't supposed to be fun, and if we didn't have boring things, actual fun things would have no meaning

:aaaaa: This is actually really interesting. One of the big reasons I've been drinking is boredom. I want everything to be fun. Or at least interesting enough that I don't want to kill myself. :(

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got my blood tested today to see if I killed myself from years of partying but that's not going to stop me from drinking all weekend

slayer548
Apr 22, 2003
"I'll tell you what he said! He asked me to forcibly insert the Life Line exercise card into my anus!"-Kitty in Donnie Darko
i drink solutions

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

drinking problem

coke habit

kinda makes u think

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Bah! I haven't had but a handful of sober days in the last decade, Usually a good gallon of beer a day and some other shots. I have never had a hangover. Yeah, I am gonna die, such is life.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

down n out posted:

You need two beer coozies for the summer holidays, one with an American flag and the other with a pair of knockers

no real american needs a beer coozie

:911:

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

Sue Eastside posted:

I wanna smoke some ribs this weekend but it takes 12 hours. Gonna take uppers or acid to pull that off.

always wanted to do acid

I would ruin ribs if I'd did mushrooms and tried to smoke em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Shrooms and acid take you for a long time, from 9-11 hours, depending on dose.
I prefer the space elevator thats DMT. or failing that, Ketamine, if you can get the real stuff.

I just now ground up some methylphenidate and snorted it, drinking booze is for funerals.

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 27, 2017

• Locked thread