Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I don't have one but the way people talk it sounds like the vita library is nothing but anime dating sims, anime rhythm games, ports of psx rpgs, and inexplicably remade falcom games from 1987.

Is it true? Is it really 100% pure win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

P-Mack posted:

Is it true? Is it really 100% pure win?

Close, but no

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Falcom games and PSx RPGs make up 90% of the games I have on it but that's good enough for me

Korthal
May 26, 2011

I hope you enjoy paying $100+ for 64GB of storage in 2017.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Korthal posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WOOOOOOW HOLY poo poo TALK ABOUT OWNAGE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHA HA HA HAAAAAA

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
it might be nice to grab a used vita and load up a bunch of roms, ISOs and emus onto it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Korthal posted:

This is the only part that sucks about it yeah. Proprietary storage cards suck rear end and since Sony isn't supporting the system anymore the price on those things is only going to go up over time

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
it also has bad indie ports that almost all run like poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whenever the PSN store updates today every single Ys game worth playing will be available on the same platform: The Vita

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i play my vita a lot cause i love playing rpgs handheld, but i couldn't ever really recommend one to someone. maybe the homebrew stuff has gotten better?

but i do adore all the ps1 rpgs, falcom games, persona games, etc. never really ran out of stuff to use it for.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

sometimes the ps4 link even works ok and thats pretty rad too.

also i dig that oled screen, but its a lot less impressive today than it was in 2013 or whenever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

sometimes the ps4 link even works ok and thats pretty rad too

Yeah Ive played P5 with it and will probably use it for Wild Arms 3 whenever i get around to it, turn based or slower paced games work fantastically with remote play

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

also even tho the storage bullshit is inexcusable, almost all the games I play are ~500mb, maybe a little more or less, so I still have two screens worth of games at any time on my 16gb card

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like my Vita though I don't use it much. I played a lot of Persona 5 over remote link though

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Pablo Gigante posted:

I like my Vita though I don't use it much. I played a lot of Persona 5 over remote link though

yeah i didnt have a ps2 for a long time so i didnt get to play persona until i got my psp and p3p blew my mind. since then persona has always been a handheld series to me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

altho p5 is so amazing visually i had to play a lot of it on the big screen just cause

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zas posted:

yeah i didnt have a ps2 for a long time so i didnt get to play persona until i got my psp and p3p blew my mind. since then persona has always been a handheld series to me

I played some P3P but P5 is the first SMT I really got into and beat. Looking forward to playing P4G sometime this year

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The best use of the vita is playing rerelease ps2 games on it like persona 4 and ffx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The best use of the vita is playing rerelease ps2 games on it like persona 4 and ffx

if you don't hack it

• Locked thread