Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
#junenews

quote:

Nike opposes Rob Gronkowski logo, says too similar to Jumpman

Earlier this month, the shoe and apparel giant filed a formal opposition to the USPTO Trial & Appeal Board, saying a logo of New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski in silhouette spiking a football could be confused with its Air Jordan Jumpman logo that it has used since November 1987.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Kalli posted:

Speaking of very Junesy articles, Mike Tanier's been writing up weekly lists of the 25 best teams / coaches / offenses / defenses of the SB era.

I think the first two were posted, but here's the offenses and defenses

Offenses
1. '07 Patriots
2. '81 Chargers
3. '94 49ers
4. '11 Packers
5. '13 Broncos
6. '84 Dolphins
7. '98 Vikings
8. '98 Broncos
9. '11 Saints
10. '51 Rams
11. '01 Rams
12. '04 Colts
13. '03 Chiefs
14. '53 Browns
15. '11 Patriots
16. '96 Packers
17. '83 Washington
18. '91 Bills
19. '76 Raiders
20. '64 Browns
21. '84 49ers
22. '61 Oilers
23. '88 Bengals
24. '16 Falcons
25. '90 Oilers

Defenses
1. '85 Bears
2. '76 Steelers
3. '00 Ravens
4. '69 Chiefs
5. '69 Vikings
6. '86 Giants
7. '91 Eagles
8. '13 Seahawks
9. '62 Lions
10. '02 Buccaneers
11. '62 Packers
12. '73 Dolphins
13. '08 Steelers
14. '06 Ravens
15. '68 Rams
16. '05 Bears
17. '71 Colts
18. '15 Broncos
19. '67 Raiders
20. '84 49ers
21. Literally every team in '77
22. '00 Titans
23. '63 Bears
24. '92 Saints
25. '09 Jets

Weird seeing a top 25 Saints defense.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

:captainpop:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God I can't wait for....

Timmons?
Alonso?

To destroy him.
Well, tackle him.
Get in his way.

poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Weird seeing a top 25 Saints defense.

It was before my time, but the Saints had like a decade where they had a great defense and incredibly lovely offsenses and quarterbacks named like Bobby Hebert.

That defense basically came together because Jim Mora was in the USFL and convinced like every good defensive player in the USFL to sign with the saints after the league folded.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

God I can't wait for....

Timmons?
Alonso?

To destroy him.
Well, tackle him.
Get in his way.

poo poo

If he's like Wes Welker, then this year would be his last dominant year, next year he'll be a shell of himself, and then he'll be dead shortly thereafter.

Turning 30 sucks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

It was before my time, but the Saints had like a decade where they had a great defense and incredibly lovely offsenses and quarterbacks named like Bobby Hebert.

That defense basically came together because Jim Mora was in the USFL and convinced like every good defensive player in the USFL to sign with the saints after the league folded.

Dome Patrol baby.

The Saints had QBs Bobby Hebert, Billy Joe Hobert, and Billy Joe Tolliver all during the 90s. The two Billy Joes at the same time.

Imagine being a coach and having to say "get in there Billy Joe...no, not you, the other Billy Joe."

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 30, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I can never remember which one, but one of the Billy Joe's went into a game as a replacement, was total dogshit, then admitted in the postgame that he hadn't bothered reading the playbook or practicing.

And that was the end of one of the Billy Joe's.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

I can never remember which one, but one of the Billy Joe's went into a game as a replacement, was total dogshit, then admitted in the postgame that he hadn't bothered reading the playbook or practicing.

And that was the end of one of the Billy Joe's.

Hobert, but before he was with the Saints.

quote:

He highballed his way out of the Raiders and into Buffalo in 1997 after four years and just eight starts. And when he admitted after four weeks with the Bills that he hadn't bothered to read the playbook, he was cut on the spot.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I think he did something memorable with the Raiders, but I can't remember what. I feel like it wasn't good.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Super salty about Seahawks placement on that D list

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hm let's rank the best undefeated teams of all time

1. Miami

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
loving WHAT

MIAMI NUMBER ONE?!

BULLSHIT

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I assume the logo is cyanide.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Super salty about Seahawks placement on that D list

I honestly don't know who you could slot them above. Every one of those teams were just stupid for the era of football they were playing.

The Eagles should probably be tops though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

I honestly don't know who you could slot them above. Every one of those teams were just stupid for the era of football they were playing.

But none of those teams embarrassed a team on the other list in the Super Bowl :colbert:

(I can't strongly argue moving Seattle up either)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Kalli posted:

Oh I remember them, I've been a fan since the late 80s when I was 9-10, but our defense has been so poor for so long, it's just weird seeing it.

I remember Danny Weurffel, proposed savior of the franchise. :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Why would you want to get a logo on your tooth that makes it look like you have a nasty rear end cavity? Get a tattoo maybe but on your tooth?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Silly Burrito posted:

Why would you want to get a logo on your tooth that makes it look like you have a nasty rear end cavity? Get a tattoo maybe but on your tooth?

It could be both

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

He's cut OP

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

That eagles defense with noted players Reggie White, Jerome Brown, and Mike Golic

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the 1991 eagles finished 1st in rush and pass defense despite running out the four-man gauntlet of jim mcmahon, jeff kemp, brad goebel, and pat ryan at quarterback for 15 games

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

corn on the cop posted:

the 1991 eagles finished 1st in rush and pass defense despite running out the four-man gauntlet of jim mcmahon, jeff kemp, brad goebel, and pat ryan at quarterback for 15 games

They had a 4 game stretch where they forced 14 fumbles and 7 ints and held two of the teams under 100 passing yards. But they lost all four games because they gave up 12 fumbles and 14 ints while barely hitting 50 passing yards twice.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Reggie White was really good.

keep in mind one of his arms is broken here. Also that's Larry Allen he's son'ing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyofwO776s

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
haha gently caress DGB

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Buffalo finally got Uber the other day and one of their drivers is Jeff Nixon, a former Bill - he gives out autographed photos to his riders

https://twitter.com/Grenich2/status/880992699335233538

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Got an email that says Gamepass is $125 this year instead of $199

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007