Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

THE LONG WALK

27: Frank Herbert's June

so what's this then this is where you get to do something about writing that novel you've always had inside you and can finally get all the money respect sex nothing you deserve.

sounds cool how does it work round about the first day of every month I put a thread up and you post in it to say how much new writing you're gonna post by 2359 PST on the last day of that month. there might be a little general leeway at the end of the month, but don't count on it and don't ask for extensions.

lol imma post one word 'lol' there I won lol there's a 4k word minimum. you can pledge more if you like, but 4k is the ante.

how many terrible words have been written through this thread and the ones before it? 3,259,000. Some of them might have been good? idk

what happens if I gently caress it up every promise has to have a :toxx: attached. you fail, you get banned.

how should I post my stuff up to you, but a link to a gdoc with comments enabled is best that way you won't restrict your publication options later.

can I do short stories sure. It has to be new words (prose, poetry, limericks) but otherwise you can post whatever as long as you make the wordcount

can I critpost, shitpost, or shart my jorts don't really care, it's not the thunderdome so just follow the exhortations of your clotted goony heart but keep in mind that detailed crits of longform stuff aren't super useful; better to keep them general. normal CC rules apply so be harsh but helpful

is there an irc channel most of us hang out in #thunderdome

where are the previous months 2015 April, May June July, August, September, October , November, December, 2016 January, February, March, April, May
June, July, September, October, November, December, 2017January, February, March, April, May

who checks i've done it i could just not and say i did lol you need to satisfy me, which isn't a high bar tbh, but I'll probably need to see something, up to you what that is

how long are you gonna do it for forever, i guess? we'll see

ock softly and you will not attract the worm the worm will come irregardless, your mewling boots nothing 'Duke' Atreides

Long Walk 27: Frank Herbert's June
Flerp 10k YES YES A 1000 x YES
Snitting phere YUHUHUHUHUH YUP YUP

RECORD OF THE FALLEN

CHTHONIC BELL/A PAINTED BIRD... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X4)
SPECTRES OF AUTISM/PALE SPECTRES.... DIDN'T MAKE IT (x3)
KILLFAST37... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
REDTONIC... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
KURONA BRIGHT...DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
SITTING HERE.... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
GUINNESS13....DIDN'T MAKE IT(X2)
SITTING HERE....DIDN'T MAKE IT (x2)
NO GRAVITAS.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
JITZU THE MONK.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
SURREPTITIOUS MUFFIN.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
SKAANDSCREENPLAYS.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MORNING BELL... DIDN'T MAKE IT
DR KLOCTOPUSSY... DIDN'T MAKE IT
BOMPACHO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
CRABROCK... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MARTELLO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
THEHOMEMASTER... DIDN'T MAKE IT
JONKED... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANIME WAS RIGHT... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MAG7.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
IRONIC TWIST.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
TEQUILAJESUS.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANOMIEATTHEGATES.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANGELOPPORTUNITY.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
FLERP....DIDN'T MAKE IT
NEWTESTLEPER....DIDN'T MAKE IT
IRONIC TWIST.....DIDN'T MAKE IT

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
10k :toxx:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
:toxx: complete another draft of this short story. It will undoubtedly be over 4K words but I'm not going to toxx for more than that because idk yet.

I have a feeling July's toxx will be seppuku

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

How you doin chillins

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

sebmojo posted:

How you doin chillins

I'll def have words to show but they're not the short story I intended to revise. Just shy of 5K novel words + whatever I did in TD this month.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

im gonna go play some video games now

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
ummm so yeah, Mojo I already talked to you about this, but my :toxx: was all about my short story and I couldn't, I just couldn't bring myself to go straight back to revising it. Next month, maybe?

So I offer you 5K novel words as penance

I've done other writings this month too but I don't feel like collecting all the screenshots.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

5k is 5k, unless you're desperate for the sweet foetor of the lepers colony ill call that a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
mojo post the thread

i don't care if i'm the only person who toxxes in it, i need it

• Locked thread