Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Junpei posted:

They have seen another dragon raiding within your territory, seizing tribute that ought to be yours, and eating your prey. Based on their description, you realize that the dragon is none other than your elder clutchmate, Axilmeus.

Axilmeus was always an overbearing brute, seeking to seize what did not belong to him. (You may recall what he did to your golden shield.)

What do you do about Axilmeus's incursion into your domain?

Dear Axilmeus: :vd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Swift death to all who would oppose us!

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Kick our brother's rear end.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
It's throw down time, jerkwad!

And welcome back.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

One reason: You pissed me off posted:

How dare he enter your territory? His effrontery leaves you no choice.

Vigilance increases.

Your rapid response also prevents him from taking some of your tribute.

Wealth increases.

The big, open-ended question posted:

As your elder clutchmate, Axilmeus is a foe worthy of respect.

How do you plan to defeat him?

Wait for him to come to me. He'll need to, eventually, and I'll have the advantage.
Set up an ambush for him.
Confront him in the air, relying on my superior aerial maneuver skills.
Just head in his general direction and beat him into the ground like the cur he is.
Trick Axilmeus into fighting one of my enemies.
Bribe him to leave my territory and never return.

Brutality: 15% - Finesse: 85%
Cunning: 65% - Honor: 35%
Disdain: 75% - Vigilance: 25%
Infamy: 40%
Wealth: 8500 gold coins
Wounds: Uninjured

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
superior aerial maneuver skills.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Junpei posted:

Trick Axilmeus into fighting one of my enemies.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Tricksy little dragonses. Get him to fight some other rear end in a top hat and take them both off the board.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Bushwhack the sumbitch.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Let's have him take out another of our enemies for us.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Ambush him and destroy him utterly.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Our best stats are Finesse, Cunning, and Disdain.

Tricking him into fighting our enemies uses all these. I wonder if the enemies are puny knights.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Let's you and him fight posted:

Axilmeus is dangerous, but you can turn that into an advantage by arranging for him to battle one of your enemies. Besides, if two of your enemies fight, you always end up ahead.

Some of your subjects have complained to you about a wizard…Vermias, Vormius, something like that. You haven't bothered to learn her name yet, since she clearly isn't a threat to you. Apparently, she has been performing strange experiments on local people and other animals in the kingdom, and she defends her territory vigorously. If Axilmeus can eliminate her, so much the better.

How do you arrange for Axilmeus to fight her?

I lure Axilmeus there in flight.
I spread rumors about Vermias's great wealth.

Brutality: 15% - Finesse: 85%
Cunning: 65% - Honor: 35%
Wounds: Uninjured

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Good to see you back. :)

Let's not reveal our hand immediately. Experimenting takes money, right? Spread rumors.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

That wizard's loving loaded, man.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Rebonack7 posted:

That wizard's loving loaded, man.

Wizards are totes rich, bro.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Oh nice, thought this was over. Spread rumors, the other option might get us zapped as easily as our brother.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Show Axilmeus how much the material components for spells cost and let him make his own decision.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Now, I heard on the street... posted:

Axilmeus won't be able to resist the opportunity to seize a treasure trove.

You spread the rumors about Vermias's wealth, and Axilmeus takes the bait. Or more accurately, that's what you think happens. Axilmeus disappears shortly after you spread the rumors, and you begin to relax. A week later, as you take a leisurely hunting flight through your territory, Axilmeus drops out of the sun at you and forces you to battle. Apparently, he saw through your ruse and decided to use it as an opportunity to set up an ambush of his own.

"Fighting for survival' posted:

You battle Axilmeus on even terms, without any tactical advantage. The fighting is intense and deadly serious, and you find that he is a formidable foe.

As the fight begins in earnest, Axilmeus gashes you with his claws, buffets you with his wings, and bites out a gobbet of flesh from your legs. He is stronger and faster than you, but at least as importantly, he has more of the killer instinct that you need in a close fight. Your situation is desperate, and you begin to wonder whether you will die this day.

Brutality and Honor increase.

And... done. posted:

Axilmeus thrashes you badly. He gashes your belly, ripping away some armored plates that will never regrow and leaving a sore spot that will always bother you in the future. As you struggle to survive, he stomps on your ribs, snapping the iron-hard bones like twigs. Every breath for the rest of your life is a little harder and a little more painful. You struggle desperately, hoping somehow to survive, as he plays with you with increasing cruelty.

Finally, however, Axilmeus makes a mistake. As he gloats and belittles you, he turns his attention away for just long enough, and you lash out with one last swipe of your claws. You catch him across the eyes, gouging out one altogether and leaving the other blinded with blood and bone fragments. Now, you are able to gain the upper hand. You quickly press your advantage and defeat Axilmeus, but the battle has cost you badly.

Let's finish this. posted:

You have defeated Axilmeus. He is still alive, but you have beaten him and he will be unable to offer serious resistance. What do you do with him now?

Axilmeus is too great a threat to leave alive, but he is worthy of a quick and painless death.
Like a cat playing with a mouse, I will make Axilmeus suffer before he dies.
Axilmeus must leave my territory, never to return, but he can live.

Brutality: 23% - Finesse: 77%
Cunning: 59% - Honor: 41%
Wounds: Permanently wounded

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Eliminate him. This isn't the time to play around.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Worthy my rear end, but he's not worth our time. End him now.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 6, 2017

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

This is the second time this motherfucker has kicked our rear end at what we're supposed to be good at. There will not be a third.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Swift death - he earned that much at least.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Quick and painless seems too Vigilant for such a Disdain-filled dragon as we. Let's play a game. I poke, you squirm.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Swift dead, let's not make the same mistake he did.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Strike him down!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

You were a dick, but you fought well posted:

You snap Axilmeus's neck, killing him instantly. He fought well and was a worthy fellow dragon.

Honor increases and Brutality decreases.

The game asks for your email so you can save your game up to this point if you want a good stopping point or if you want to start from the middle but make different choices.

Heroes. Who needs em? posted:

There's a travelling party of adventurers in town. The people are already calling them "heroes," telling tales of their past deeds.

Do-gooders like these can be very dangerous. What do you want to do?

Gather information about them.
Challenge them to a duel.
Kidnap a princess to lure them out.
Scare them off.
Ignore them.

Brutality: 19% - Finesse: 81%
Cunning: 48% - Honor: 52%
Wounds: Permanently wounded

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Gather information. Knowing is half the battle!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Get some information. Are the heroes efficient or do they fight amongst themselves a lot? What kind of weapons and treasures do they carry? Do they taste better barbecued or scorched?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

The more you know.

• Locked thread