Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
A red attempted a takedown on nobody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
This is gonna be a blow out I think

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
That was a good juke. Red actually had a bunch of guys back defending and they all missed

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Awful.defence from red after a white save on goal

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Reds aren't going away.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

dokmo posted:

Reds aren't going away.

Unbelievable

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

This is sure a match.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This game got good as hell all of the sudden

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Ohhhhh poo poo!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

aw man I missed almost the whole thing

I see a dude with blood all over his face, I assume the match has been pretty good?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Hell of a comeback, this.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

:stare:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh poo poo the half-court bounce shot

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
That bounce goal has the announcer actually saying MAMA MIA

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Holy poo poo! White with the bounce!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Good game there.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Wow what a game, what a finish, bianchi are clutch

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dangit. I just forgot this was on, I coulda been watching the last hour. Hope someone posts video.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

congrats on the winners and their dinner. can't wait until next year.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

does the white flag have a pigeon on it? lol

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'll have to watch the first twenty minutes or so on Youtube because they decided to start the game 30 minutes early today after last time where they started it 30 minutes late

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
What an ending. See you in 11 months.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i wonder what these guys do during the off season

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i wonder what these guys do during the off season

Smoke cigarettes, have their mom ask when they will meet a nice girl

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i like to imagine most of them work various pasta factories

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
every day Dario walks into the Barilla plant and says a silent prayer as he passes onto the factory floor, looking up at the company motto on the wall "we don't want homosexuals eating our pasta"

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Well, another year in the books. I was pretty busy around and during the final and consequently did a poor job of reminding people to check it out, but for those who did. drat what a classic.

The first game started out with a textbook example of what happens to a good team when they rack up expulsions and injuries- They loving fold. Green started out in front and looked the better team but very quickly in they had one of their key ballrunners flattened and then racked up numerous other various expulsions. I don't think I've seen such a difference in number of players before. Rossi didn't have to be good they just had to overpower the weakened Verdi and they did. final score 11.5-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXSQA6o_Vb0

The second game was an amazing disaster. Testy from the start the Azurri took a rare lead over the reigning champions Bianchi. The game ended in a NO CONTEST when the Azurri, aggrieved after believing to have players wrongly sent off, decided to assault the referees while in control of the game. Complete wasteman behavior which is completely par for the course. The game ended 18 minutes in with blue leading white 2.5 - 0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXKyVriMTyo

After the embarrassing display the Calcio Storico governing body decided to let the games continue and grant White passage into the finals. The final was an amazing end to end game. The aggressiveness and underhandedness was noticeably turned down, most likely in light of prior events. Bianchi looked to be the better team but their shooting was off. This put them in a situation where they had to rally from behind and score and amazing last second goal to win another consecutive championship by a scoreline of 6 to 5.5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQ9KXh4NXw

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
ESPN finally got on board and wrote a decent story about Calcio: http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/19844178/part-football-part-mma-part-historical-recreation-italy-calcio-storico-brutal-sight-behold

• Locked thread