Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This game is hard as gently caress. Pretty fun tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Alright, that's pretty clever. The second set of worlds has a lives system, and the number of lives you get is equal to the number of collectibles you collect from the first set, meaning you can't just rush through the game unless you're an absolute pro.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Plebian Parasite posted:

Alright, that's pretty clever. The second set of worlds has a lives system, and the number of lives you get is equal to the number of collectibles you collect from the first set, meaning you can't just rush through the game unless you're an absolute pro.

speedrun routing for this will be so good

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

elf help book posted:

speedrun routing for this will be so good

The speedrunning community for this game is already like 50 strong

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

finally beat the tower of ascension

i think that took me 11 hours of playtime lmao

im buying myself sonic mania as a prize

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I just got to the real Future and this poo poo's nuts. TWO carts in one level!
I found what appears to be Isaac... deepest loving lore

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

finally beat the tower of ascension

i think that took me 11 hours of playtime lmao

im buying myself sonic mania as a prize

a mania well earned

The end of the Super Mega Cart is also tough but you've got lives and continues at least.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FINALLY

100(+41)%

I can rest

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

this game rules

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

elf help book posted:

this game rules

It's extremely unfair how all hype for this game just died after release

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
That blight cartridge secret is brutal. I didn't get that key or the last exit but I got the cartridge.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

That blight cartridge secret is brutal. I didn't get that key or the last exit but I got the cartridge.

Lol I totally forgot you can just quit the secret and the cart will stay saved. I went all the way with that one

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

that ivy guy posted:

Lol I totally forgot you can just quit the secret and the cart will stay saved. I went all the way with that one
I am actually worried that I'm missing a percentage point or something for it - I just lost all my lives trying after trying to go backwards for the key a bunch.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

that ivy guy posted:

It's extremely unfair how all hype for this game just died after release

I didn't like it. It just felt like super meat boy but you can't skip levels so you just get stuck on the same thing forever. I was hoping for something more like VVVVVV but it's not nearly as good, never really felt like it had any sense of place.

There's stuff I really like about it but I don't feel like going back to finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It feels better than meat boy to me, or at least more consistent. I loved meat boy but it had a few elements that were extremely unpleasant. Nothing in this game is nearly as bad as those repel circles in meat boy and that is nearly enough for me.

I don't miss going back as much as I thought I would though it would have been cool to make a point of having every level traversable both ways.

• Locked thread