Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Netflix seems to have changed the way their app works recently. I've tried to find a setting to change it back but there doesn't seem to be one and it's driving me up the wall.

I have my quality set to high. The way it used to work is when I would select something to watch, it would spend a few seconds buffering and then start the show/movie. Now it starts the show immediately and then starts buffering. This means that it starts the show at sub-SD quality and very slowly ramps up the quality until it hits 1080p about thirty seconds in. This means that the first thirty seconds of whatever I'm watching looks like varying levels of dog poo poo.

Is there any way to force it to buffer first? I thought I'd be clever and just pause the episode at the beginning... but pausing the episode also pauses the buffering, which makes no drat sense. It is absolutely determined to make the first thirty seconds of whatever I watch look like poo poo no matter what.

Anyone else run into this? Any ideas on how to change it back? It's not a traffic issue; it remains at 1080p for the remainder of the show/movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

...! posted:

Anyone else run into this?

Yea, it's annoying. Seems to be worse at night compared to morning/afternoon. Happens on my Roku too.

• Locked thread