Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Keito posted:

Are there any other good Canadian scifi shows at the moment that haven't gotten axed?

The Expanse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m just going to assume he had no real idea where the story was going for a couple of seasons and he thought his previous success would keep it renewed cause there isn’t much else to turn to.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Invalid Validation posted:

I’m just going to assume he had no real idea where the story was going for a couple of seasons and he thought his previous success would keep it renewed cause there isn’t much else to turn to.

Eh, I think network/cable audiences have shorter attention spans and showrunners like Mallozzi or Fuller, who have slow-burning plotlines, would be better off with streaming services which let them bang out a whole season at once and don't care much for ratings, more for critical acclaim.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I think he was having a problem making serialized television over 13 episodes. He's used to Stargate where he had 22 episodes, and they were mostly standalone with some over arching story occasionally. Sort of what Supernatural does.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

etalian posted:

The Expanse...

To be fair, Expanse is like, really really good, like bananas good, waiting between seasons is agony.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Any of you geeks got an Audible account?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/december-19-2017-that-dark-matter-dark-timeline-revealed/

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

I can't believe that poo poo got the green-light in the first place. It's just one generic cliche after another.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

confirms my suspicion that an sg-1 crossover probably would have been terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

etalian posted:

The Expanse...

You really have to specify Vancouver SciFi vs Toronto SciFi. I’m not caught up but I guess Legends of Tomorrow should count? It’s CW but it’s totally Vancouver SciFi.

• Locked thread