Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Here's how it's going to be. Players create a wizard, with the costume creator using code recycled from City of Heroes. Female players have the chest slider maxed out by default, just like Champions. Players choose a color to start out with: red deals damage, black is mostly damage with some funky stuff, green summons pets, white heals and buffs, blue is a mixed bag. It's a generic themepark action MMO like Neverwinter, with lots of handholding, everyone taking the same path to max level. At 20 you can add in a second color, at max level any number of colors.

Except that to play multicolor you need multicolored lands, and there are tons of them, the best being blatantly better than the others. Lands require 'aspergems' to unlock, which drop from quests, but the quests are massively timegated, so to be at the top of your game you need to punch in mommy's credit card over and over. And it will have PvP, but like Neverwinter it's 100% gear based, so only the rich kids win. And it will have the 'Dominaria Diner' as a social hangout, with a VIP room accessible only to those who bought the $200 Founders Pack, where people named "Liliana69" have sweaty cybersex with people named "xXxChandraxXx" all day long.

So, basically Neverwinter with an MtG coat of paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's Cryptic and all the talented people left ages ago so it will probably be Neverwinter only with the D&D names replaced by Magic names in the laziest way possible. Not like Neverwinter had anything to do with the source material as it stands and people still eat that poo poo up.

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
Made by cryptic...

If this is anything other than a train wreck, I'll be legitimately surprised.

At least its not Trion...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
:thunk:

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Malthuras posted:

Made by cryptic...

If this is anything other than a train wreck, I'll be legitimately surprised.

At least its not Trion...

buh oh~! *sad trombone*

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

frajaq posted:

At the very least there are some interesting settings, this could maybe work if they put a LOT of effort into it but I know it won't happen

Assuming they even use them, that is. MtG actually used to have a really interesting setting if you were a turbo-nerd and picked up the old novels. There's a reason why Phyrexians were a nerd meme in some communities until WotC hosed it up.

Back then Wizards of the Coast put just as much cash and effort into writing up a cool story line as they did marketing the card game. Possibly more even, given how insanely expansive some of their early series and story arcs were. Though I doubt we'll get to see crazy stuff like this getting animated given that it's Cryptic:

Instead we'll probably just get to see a bunch of homogeneous stuff like "the planet of high fantasy humans", or "the planet of rear end in a top hat nature loving elves", or "the planet of vampiric goths and gothic themes" or "the planet that's full of generically good and angelic poo poo that hates the vampire goths" to correspond with the different mana types without even getting to play as anything but the first thing without spending an assload of money.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svensken
May 29, 2010
MTG sounds like the perfect excuse setting for an instance-based MMO though.

• Locked thread