Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Problem description: At one point in my travels, the charging port of the laptop snapped off. There is no physical cracking or anything surrounding it, it looked like the housing for the entrance for my charger had popped out. Where that part is I have no idea at this point. WHat I likely will need to do is repair the port by putting in a new one. Googling is fairly confusing to me- some results say it should be replaceable without soldering, some things say no. When I look at the motherboard after I open up the back, the port is on the right hand side of the board. This likely means it isn't soldered on, which is good thing and should be an easier fix, and every board I've seen on ebay has them just screwed in. But I am also unsure of some of the complexities of disassembling to get to that part.

System specs: Machine manufacturer/model number. Speccy specs.
Lenovo Y50-70 Touch, exact number is 20349

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes.

Most of my concern is how I can potentially gently caress up the computer. The computer does work despite that issue, so even if the fix is hard someone would be able to fix it and have a fully functioning laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread