Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Go Cavs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Chik-Fil-A is basically an In-N-Out but with more religious influence

Check the bottom of In-N-Out cups

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

Check the bottom of In-N-Out cups

I meant even more. From the funding fundie groups and Duggars coming in to support them point of view

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

I meant even more. From the funding fundie groups and Duggars coming in to support them point of view

All of my chicken is Duggar approved chicken

This time tomorrow we'll be discussing game results and drawing brash conclusions :) Welcome back nba

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

sportsgenius86 posted:

I went to IAO for the first time about a year ago and I was very underwhelmed. It was good but I didn’t feel at all like I was missing anything not living near one.

The In-and-Out paradox is that Californians rave about it because it is the best value/most consistent fast food option to have available when you live near one, and visitors go there and are underwhelmed because it's still a fast food burger (also the fries suck)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

xbilkis posted:

The In-and-Out paradox is that Californians rave about it because it is the best value/most consistent fast food option to have available when you live near one, and visitors go there and are underwhelmed because it's still a fast food burger (also the fries suck)

Yeah. Fast food is everyone but boy howdy am I staying the gently caress away from a Carl's or McDonald's or whatever if it's some oddball time to eat.

And the fries are literally cut right in front of you. If they are too soggy just asked for fry well or well done. Or just get them animal style

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Always get animal fries

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Last reminder to do the poll as it closes tomorrow:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe5jlRXMKx2syJOudEMHtkJj65fvCiCEV-BE1E8nfIYIElhAQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Is there a YouTube or something that explains how the NBA works? I've decided to like basketball but I'm a Euro and I don't know anything. I know Steph Curry is good

YouTube Lesson #4:

Two (of many) ways a player can be ejected:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7ax0KjPX8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EogzHNEiCWU

This is Kareem. He is the GOAT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTL8dW6PqPE

This is Shaq:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujl9rx-RURo

Lockback posted:

Don't feel like you need to watch every game.

Everyone should aspire to watch all 1,230 games.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I had In-N-Out twice when I was in California over the summer and man it was really solid. just the prices are to die for and you're getting quality food as well. Animal style for life

If Markelle Fultz had ended up on a west coast team I wonder how differently that video would have gone; probably would have fixed his free throw form

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I have a question is most/least underrated in terms of the casual basketball fan or those who follow the sport?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

xbilkis posted:

Literally this word for word.

Fries are super franchise-dependent (+- 1 minute makes a big difference), but IOA's are a universal abomination.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Now I want to count how many games I watch this year.

It's easier if you PVR them, that way you can skip the commercials and halftime. I usually end up doing this anyway because of my work schedule.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

Jazz lost Hayward and 50 games of George Hill. I appreciate the faith this board has put in Ricky that the dropoff will be negligible.

Their offense won't be as good but they have one of the best players in the league, Rudy Gobert, and their defense will likely keep them in games.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Juaguocio posted:

Now I want to count how many games I watch this year.

It's easier if you PVR them, that way you can skip the commercials and halftime. I usually end up doing this anyway because of my work schedule.

The League Pass condensed games are great for this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

DeAaron Fox thinks Wendy's is better than In-N-Out and Chick-fil-A is too good to be fast food.

https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/920160555423248384

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Lady friend and I always PVR and will focus on good games that ~7 teams have each night (raps, spurs, warriors, Houston, Boston, cavs, clippers). There are 4-5 teams in our shortlist we will avoid because they suck (hi NYK, kings, and lakers). Basically we do not have a home team and will whore out to whoever is good / entertaining each year. During the season we’ll watch 1.5-2 games a night. Guess we watch a bit more than average. :cheers:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Looking thru these lists I feel like Rockets are clearly superior to the Thunder and the Spurs are flawed and should be pretty beatable if Kawhi is out for a serious length of time, but logic has never worked against them so Warriors-Spurs-Rockets-Thunder would be my high seed teams, followed by uh I guess Clippers, Wolves, Jazz and finally my annual wrong prediction of the Pelicans being good. I'm not even gonna touch the Eastern Conference.

Also in-and-out is fine but it didn't really blow my mind, maybe it's just because I mostly gave up on fast food burgers a long time ago and so I'm pretty spoiled.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Some dude in the replies said it's not better than Burgers and Brew or Dad's Kitchen. Like no poo poo it's a third the cost and a tenth the time

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
idc what happens this year i just want fox to poo poo all over lonzo in the laker games

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Dexo posted:

I have a question is most/least underrated in terms of the casual basketball fan or those who follow the sport?

As an Australian with no team to call my own I watch a lot of different teams on NBA League Pass. Games are live in the morning here so actually watching live depends on if I'm working that day. Having the option to replay the games is great as I can pick and choose based on the entertainment level. I played a little b-ball in high school but was never a huge fan. I mostly know players from playing a lot of NBA2K video-games. How you rank me on the casual to fanatic is up in the air.

I think your question is about the most underrated and overrated players on the survey to which it'll be personal perception. There won't be a correct answer but it can be fun to talk about with other fans!

You can come at it like a stats-nerd and argue that some player is better than others based on things done per-100-possessions or go with your gut on who makes an impact and who doesn't. If you think X PLAYER is underrated as they don't get the media exposure of Y PLAYER but does just as much or better, go for it. If you see a player who has great skills but is on a garbage team so he never gets properly acknowledged, that is a case of being underrated. If you think TEAM A has a designated scorer/isolation player/ball hog/hero-baller who is overrated because he doesn't play defense or score enough, put him in. If a player wins regular season MVP but you see him in the playoffs and he struggles cause of the quality opposition - he can be seen as overrated. Alternatively you could choose two names at random and when asked about it try to come up with a story that fits. Your choice.

If I was to take the survey again I'd probably choose two different people. hth

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm going to watch so many condensed games at work hail Satan

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uiD2PsMePE

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
get your derails in, kids!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Pumped to see the first ever three-way MVP when LeBron Wade and Rose share it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The offseason... is over

• Locked thread