Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
sure

I guesss
but we also got the old one still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zaekkor posted:

This game is actually pretty fun. I do like ARK though and lots of people hate on that too. Fwiw they seem to be responding swiftly to the community and there has already been multiple patches.

:laffo::derp::laffo:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

is this the new bad MMO thread?

Your question implies there are "good" MMOs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Citadel is pretty fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ijyt posted:

Citadel is pretty fun.

Paxman
Feb 7, 2010

I've built a house made out of straw and placed a couple of chests where I store animal hides.

It's a lot like Ark except you can shoot fireballs at people.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Game is laughably bad, and also eats ram like a black hole. 8gb down the drain and the world hadn't even loaded yet.

Refunded/10.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

mother fucker, snail game is poo poo, anything they touch is poo poo, this is reskinned ark, I am letting you all know this, and idiots be like, gently caress my name is in the title, might as well buy it

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

mother fucker, snail game is poo poo, anything they touch is poo poo, this is reskinned ark, I am letting you all know this, and idiots be like, gently caress my name is in the title, might as well buy it

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
here's a funny goon story about Dark and Light which is in the ARK thread for some reason

dunkan posted:

Ishvara posted:

Just a heads up. I've been a goon for something like 8 years. These guys thought I was in-siding them because of actions of another player and because of that they kicked me. They won't talk to me about it and won't work on the issue with me. I highly recommend not joining them and I would make a push for this thread getting taken down because of the nature of the group.

Wow, you're pretty much crazy ex-girlfriend status. Which is ironic.

TLDR:
He wanted to inside some tribe, was joined by a friend of his, they fell in love with some e-tits and then were trying to sabotage us.

Summary:
Playing together in Dark and Light (another Ark like survival game), partial goon group, mostly people that just jumped on playing with DEA members that had started messing around together.

Ishavara aka Ares was playing with us in Ark, planning to continue after release, all is cool. He decides he wants to inside another group, we don't give a poo poo; not much reason this early in game but whatever gets your rocks off.
One of his non-goon friends join him, and they work to take over the tribe from the inside.

He falls in love with the girl, starts begging us to not attack them.

The day we are going to raid he gets "found out", drama etc. They have a lot of overly dramatic breakups in global, all feels a little off but whatever.
Due to this being way more early access then Ark, all kinds of poo poo is broken and they have to wait for some npc to re-spawn to change factions, or recreate their characters.

While they are playing in their temporary tribe Ares is still going off about tits and us having a truce with them. Rants about how he's going to war us etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5aJG0Yo3vk

He claims blackout drunk status when confronted and even though circumstances seemed shady we welcome him back. He generally continues to be dumb, getting things killed in stupid ways , sidetracking whatever we are doing, and STILL people are like "maybe this dude is just not all there or lit as gently caress".

Finally as we are actively raiding his buddy has a feels bad moment and messages us that he just hosed up our work by demolishing a bunch of structures. We kick his friend and discuss what to do about Ares.

When confronted Ares just flips out, telling us he will hunt us down on any server we are on, on any game we play. Starts spam messaging us on Discord about how furious he is, how dare we talk to "his guys", etc,etc. Continues to just babble in global chat. He tries to use the "12 guys he brought in" as leverage; saying if we kick him he'll take them with him. (in ark)

Everyone decided that he was too much hassle to deal with, and we ban him from everything. If he hadn't have gone off about hunting us down on all games etc we probably wouldn't have even carried it over to Ark.

There's all kinds of little details, but this is already way more text then I want to type about it.

i think this is the D&L thread????

Putty fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 1, 2017

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
WTF retardo poo poo is this?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Putty posted:

i think this is the D&L thread????

it is but I scare some people away with honesty

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Third World Reggin posted:

it is but I scare some people away with honesty

That time you were talking about jerking yourself off with my feet was also scary.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

Citadel is pretty fun.

Nevermind.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

ijyt posted:

Nevermind.

What's the story here? Is there a massive progression wall/some taming system bullshit where you're expected to log in every 2 hours to feed dragons?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Naw, just at its current state you see everything it has to offer very quickly so the newness rubs off faster than you'd like. They just need more actual content.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The raiding game isn't really together, which is super normal, but where most survival type games launch with insane base rocket tag mechanics, citadel's balanced toward insanely easy defense/boring attack so everything's just static and people stop playing. Gathering power isn't about resource/tame grinds which is good, but it's about combat grinds which isn't good. You can put together massive bases without poopsocking but then there's not really much to do. The game is less grindy than stuff like ark, which is nice, but they don't replace it with anything so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I got a new laptop so I'm gonna send off my old one by downloading this game onto it. If it doesn't melt into an atomic fireball I will be severally dissappointed in both this thread and the sweatshop that made this game.

• Locked thread