Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I am doing some testing of various USB smart card readers and have two devices I am testing it on.

One is a RHEL6 Laptop. When I connect the USB device and insert a card, the card readers stay permanently on. This is the behavior I want because I'd like to log the status of them, even if they aren't changing state.

When I try to duplicate this in Raspbian, upon inserting a card it displays a "power On" command, reads the card, and then commands a "Power Off". This sseems to me like a debian driver issue that causes it to function this way.

Any ideas on how to force it to stay on? Can I edit the drivers somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I got it working, pcsc-tools includes a GUI to send commands called gscriptor, ran that and hit connect and it holds the connection open just like I wanted

• Locked thread