Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I always assume they go back for a couple minutes to grab some water, inhale a cig, and rest their muscles for a sec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I always assume they go back for a couple minutes to grab some water, inhale a cig, and rest their muscles for a sec

They should probably do this half way through though, not right near the end.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I once saw Electric Six foolishly play Gay Bar mid set at a festival and then complain that the crowd dispersed to catch other bands afterwards

Cis white scum here, Gay Bar is an amazing song. Those fans suck.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

IUG posted:

Cis white scum here, Gay Bar is an amazing song. Those fans suck.

That's why they left. They heard the one hit they were waiting for and then went to go see other bands.

When Imagine Dragons first played at Summerfest they were booked on a mid-sized stage and then Radioactive blew the gently caress up a few weeks before the festival started. It was too late to move them to a bigger stage and the crowd was so large that it was blocking foot traffic. Everyone stayed for the entire set because ID didn't play Radioactive until the very end.

ThePeavstenator fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 2, 2018

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ThePeavstenator posted:

That's why they left. They heard the one hit they were waiting for and then went to go see other bands.

Ah, I thought you meant that they left because they were insecure in their sexualities.
(What about High Voltage?)

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

IUG posted:

Ah, I thought you meant that they left because they were insecure in their sexualities.
(What about High Voltage?)

IDK maybe I'm interpreting the post wrong, I didn't make it. But that's what I got from the context.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yeah, sorry I meant they left because they dropped their hit song early so people got what they came for.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I saw Electric Six in a tinyass venue and probably harmed my hearing but it was a good show

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I saw Vanilla Ice at a festival about 10 years ago and he made the baffling decision to play Ice Ice Baby about a third of the way through the set. Pretty much played another half hour to an empty warehouse after the song was done.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Yeah, some bands then have a discussion about what to play next, does the crowd want something slower or something harder and faster.

There was some goon on the forums who worked at a concert hall and was in his office one night while Pearl Jam planned out their first encore in the hall outside his office I think.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

algebra testes posted:

Yeah, some bands then have a discussion about what to play next, does the crowd want something slower or something harder and faster.

There was some goon on the forums who worked at a concert hall and was in his office one night while Pearl Jam planned out their first encore in the hall outside his office I think.

Yeah, if you look at set lists that bands go and get tape to the stage, a lot of the time the main show is plotted out precisely, and the encore is just “ENCORE”.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Hey, sorry to post this here but I didn't think I would get any hits in the SA mart. If anyone bought the trading cards at the concert or the store and happens to have an extra vaudevillian, I'll happily pay you for it. I'm trying to set up a display, and I need another one to show the back too.

Also I have a bunch of other cards, so if anyone wants any, pm me.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

AFewBricksShy posted:

Hey, sorry to post this here but I didn't think I would get any hits in the SA mart. If anyone bought the trading cards at the concert or the store and happens to have an extra vaudevillian, I'll happily pay you for it. I'm trying to set up a display, and I need another one to show the back too.

Also I have a bunch of other cards, so if anyone wants any, pm me.

I've got one. You're looking for the puzzle piece on the back? I also have 2 The Glitz and 2 The Glamour from the like clockwork series. I need a Dean Fertita and Mike Shuman to have the whole band, which is all I'd really want ideally, but I'd take other cards too. PM me and we can sort this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

no broccoli please posted:

I've got one. You're looking for the puzzle piece on the back? I also have 2 The Glitz and 2 The Glamour from the like clockwork series. I need a Dean Fertita and Mike Shuman to have the whole band, which is all I'd really want ideally, but I'd take other cards too. PM me and we can sort this out.

Sent. Thanks.

• Locked thread