Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

jazz sucks so he does have a point on most of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Our artform is dead and considered by the vast majority of society to be little more than a novelty to tolerate while dining.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yep, you can sure play the poo poo out of your trumpet. But nobody under 56 or 300 pounds wanna gently caress you.

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

so-called riffs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Yeah, I played Night and day with ol honkey bill Evans, back in the 70īs

That'll be 3.50 please

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I am the fire, the anointed one, the sacrificial bowl and the stars above

The white man is from another planet

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
*Teaches college course at UC Berkley entitled "The Black Man and the Cosmos"*

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
We was sittin' there watchin' the stage. Waitin' for the man they called Coltrane to come out and do his thing. It was me and my four droogs. Them bein' Peter, Georgio and Dim; Dim being really Dim.

'Round an hour'd passed and the place was packed straight through to the back. I'd just dropped some dollars for 'Trane's Giant Steps six months back. Now was the time, this was the place. The Village Vanguard. New York City. 1961.

I was only there for the first night, see, but them cats at Impulse just made my life complete. They put out four CDs of all that sound 'Trane put out those nights. But you know my type, man. Can't afford to eat, let alone spend some heavy cash on music. So I only got the essential. Live at the Village Vanguard: The Master Takes is one disc, makin' it one- fourth the cost of the box set. And you only get the best stuff.

Man, the opening beauty of "Spiritual..." It's like a dream I had: I floated on the River Nile, smokin' some fresh weed, relaxin'. Yeah, man. It wouldn't get better than that. But I ain't ever gonna see the Nile anyhow. This track's as close as I come, and it's close enough. Best of the best, though, has gotta be "India." It's only when you listen to a perfect old jazz tune like this that you realize how much drum-n-bass is derived from this music. 'Trane takes it to heaven and back with some style, man. Some richness, daddy. It's a sad thing his life was cut short by them jaws o' death.

poo poo, cat. It don't make a difference. The man produced enough good music to last me a lifetime. This Village Vanguard thing's just another example of the genius of Coltrane.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Cat poo poo

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

*makes sure at least one song per album is a pun on my name*

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear
let's play summertime in four different keys at the same time

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Trans Ferdinand posted:

And use the weirdest time signatures we can think of (which can still be described as a 4/4 in the end)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Trans Ferdinand posted:

You ain't got the chops hepcat. You gotta blow like Louis Armstrong, big frog cheeks ya dig? :frog:

• Locked thread