Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Thanks! Now I just got to come up with a text to go along with it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

amigolupus posted:

Thanks a lot for the guide and for the example gif! I went with the spinning bit since that seemed the easiest to make a loop of. I've tried to do what you've described and here's what I came up with.

Normal speed:

Faster speed:

lol those own. I had completely forgotten about those dudes. Of course I haven't played Suikoden since it basically came out.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nobody grabbed these from the Final Fantasy thread, so...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Have some more.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Not a gaming one, but could anyone update my current one to 150 x 150 pixels, max size 50k? One as a gif and one as a jpg with the winking eye closed? I don't know how to resize to look good without making it "fuzzy".

JFC fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 19, 2017

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

JFC posted:

Not a gaming one, but could anyone update my current one to 150 x 150 pixels, max size 50k? One as a gif and one as a jpg with the winking eye closed? I don't know how to resize to look good without making it "fuzzy".

How's this?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

JordanKai posted:

How's this?

That's great! Thanks for doing that for me.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

JFC posted:

That's great! Thanks for doing that for me.

You're welcome! :)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Games gave me this avatar, so now I've returned with avatars for games, in the form of every possible agent face from the "equip agent" screen in X-Com Apocalypse! Not that many people played that one, but it was kinda neat, so if you want em take em

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Well, seeing as I had some time to kill waiting for the sun to come up, and I was bored as poo poo, and the thread went gold, and it's Christmas, instead of updating the game I ripped all the agent faces out of the gamefiles and scaled them as close to avatar size that I could. The next size up that excludes lovely artifacts is 15px larger than max av size on the forums.

The hardest part of doing this was wrangling the urls out of imgur (apparently the only way to do that other than manually grabbing them from each pic would be to use their API? dunno), and the second hardest part was actually uploading them. I had to do it in batches or the upload would fail. Actually getting them, converting them to a modern file type, and resizing them took like 5 mins with "PCKMANIP.EXE" and Image Magick. I should have checked to see if png was the optimal choice before I tried to upload them but gently caress that i'm not gonna go back and do it over again.

Merry X-Mas from all the agents or w/e

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Merry Brahnemas

And this one isn't Brahne but here it is anyway.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

The hardest part of doing this was wrangling the urls out of imgur (apparently the only way to do that other than manually grabbing them from each pic would be to use their API? dunno), and the second hardest part was actually uploading them. I had to do it in batches or the upload would fail. Actually getting them, converting them to a modern file type, and resizing them took like 5 mins with "PCKMANIP.EXE" and Image Magick. I should have checked to see if png was the optimal choice before I tried to upload them but gently caress that i'm not gonna go back and do it over again.

In the future if you're going to do large batch uploads I'd recommend ShareX.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
This is pretty interesting, I wonder if it can replace ScreenToGif

E: this is p off topic but it looks like no. S2G has the basic editing I need and feels like it has a better UI, but ShareX has what looks like pretty sweet upload capabilities and the ability to run commands and stuff. Also better capture region detection.
I sorta don't get how to use it. Where's the goddamn manuals these days :corsair: If anybody knows where documentation on this is or just has pointers please lemme know

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 26, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Looking for someone to overlay a blinking "/!\" to the visor of my current avatar. Backwards "CAUTION" as well if artistically inclined.

+

I like the glitch effect, but not required.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Current standard to beat:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Virtual Captain posted:

Current standard to beat:

Hah, I'll tap out, reckon DarkDobe's aced it :D

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Wondering if someone has time to avatarize this: http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/pixel-art-dead-skeleton-space-suit-3175716.png

Hoping for a little floating movement, maybe a light flickering animation. Transparent background would be nice but the glass would probably make that tricky. A tight crop on the helmet area would eliminate the need to touch any of the propulsion stuff.

edit: nvm got it done.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 6, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Dang, I had this pretty ok but I can't figure out how to make gimp NOT show the previous frames as background layers

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

could someone isolate the 12 fram versions?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

could someone isolate the 12 fram versions?

Paying it forward as I likely will have more requests:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

• Locked thread