Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

NBA free agency starts on the 1st of July kinda and the on the 5th July properly. In the interim let's all play a game where we guess where some players will sign because that will be fun.

ENTRIES CLOSED

SPREADSHEET OF RESPONSES HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yvFPO96F7FEmp9tTT9l5fHa503SoYI3SrowAYedRwFw/edit?usp=sharing

1 point for correctly guessing a player resigns with their current team
2 points for correctly guessing a player signing for a new team
5 points for a correct wildcard pick - a player not listed who signs for a new team

:siren:SPECIAL DERRICK ROSE TRIPLE POINTS BONUS:siren:
You get 3 points if you correctly predict former MVP Derrick Rose resigning with the Knicks (lol) or 6 points if you correctly guess the new team he signs with.

Last year's winner was xbilkis with 17. None of us were very good. No-one out of 42 entries predicted Durant signing with the Warriors.

Entries will close on Friday 30th June. Last year the people who waited latest mostly did better because of leaks and Wojbombs, but it's more fun to make your guesses early and laugh at them more in retrospect.

Good luck and Godspeed.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Submitted!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I have literally no loving clue who is going to sign Danillo Gallinari

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tanglewood1420 posted:

:siren:SPECIAL DERRICK ROSE TRIPLE POINTS BONUS:siren:
You get 3 points if you correctly predict former MVP Derrick Rose resigning with the Knicks (lol) or 6 points if you correctly guess the new team he signs with.

so does this mean I get nine points total for correctly picking a non-knicks team for him to sign with :v:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'd cash my MITB case on Danny Ainge and take all his picks.

Sorry, I mean, thanks for making this. Gallinari to Houston

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is a rough year.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Nine responses so far, keep 'em coming.

Some people seem to be misunderstanding the wild card category (probably wasn't very clear on the form). You need to pick a player who isn't listed, and then predict which new team (not the team they are currently on) they will sign for. Some people have just named a player without listing a team, others have picked a player to resign with their current team. Also someone chose a player who isn't even a free agent, but hey they may get cut so I'll let that one go I guess.

aBagorn, Lockback, BWV and Quizzlefisg - you can either PM me your new wildcard guess according the above clearer guidelines, or just post it here in the thread if you want.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'll switch my bonus then to Patrick Paterson signing with the Mavs

I haven't looked at their cap space but I just assume their due to give too much money to a stretch four who lost his shot.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'll say Brandon Rush signing with, let's say, Houston.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

This is a rough year.

These, aside from the clippers who I can't see blowing up their team and submitting to the lakers, are impossible. I think Hayward will go to the celtics because in 2017, everything happens, stuff t hat wouldn't happen in the past just happens, but everything else, who loving knows

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

theres no doubt in my mind melo would date a kardashian

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The draft is over, so now everyone can come in here and take part.

Bonus being anyone now will probably do much better than all us chumps who submitted entries pre-draft.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

I have literally no loving clue who is going to sign Danillo Gallinari

Me neither

I submitted a very boring entry and I think everyone will probably re-sign, except milsap, if the rumors are credible, gallo, just because he wants to win, who knows. Everyone using up their cap space on dumb contracts has really squashed the market. We're going to be back on trades being an important vector of player movement because stars will want ridiculous supermaxes

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I voted D'Angelo Russell for both the last two questions, seems pretty obvious.

Also writing this out made me realize Nick Young isn't on this list!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I randomly chose at least half those, so I'll probably be embarrassingly wrong, but I filled it out.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

I randomly chose at least half those, so I'll probably be embarrassingly wrong, but I filled it out.

Last years results everyone did awful. Go crazy.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
is there any verification or can I fill out the form several times as a few different posters?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Haven't posted about hoops for a while, but I did this thing. Went with my gut reaction for like 3/4 of them, so I'll probably be spectacularly wrong.

I'm most interested in seeing how the wild card choices turn out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm a little disappointed in myself for how many of these players I had to look up what team they're actually on.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
In it... to win it.

Basically picked most guys to re-sign with their current team. Man, San Antonio has a ton of middling dudes to decide on.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

24 entries so far, will close this friday evening before all the leaks start coming though, probably around 9 or 10 EST.

One person correctly picked Chris Paul to the Rockets before the trade news broke, so congrats to them.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I just submitted my entry. To not take advantage of my unfair putting-it-in-late I gave myself a handicap and put down my original prediction that Paul would stay on the Clippers.

e: I just saw Rubio to the Jazz so that probably ruins my George Hill prediction too.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 30, 2017

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Gonna close this in about half an hour or so. Last calls!

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

26 entries this year. First the important stuff:

Best Player To Hang With At A Bar

JR Smith 5
Joel Embiid 5
Lance Stephenson 2
Russell Westbrook 2
JaVale McGee 2

Most Likely To Be In Trump Cabinet

Spencer Hawes 8
Dennis Rodman 3
Andre Iguodala 2
Mason Plumlee / A Plumlee 2

Most Likely to Date A Kardashian

Paul George 3
Lonzo Ball 2
Kris Dunn 2
Carmelo Anthony 2
Joel Embiid 2
Dion Waiters 2

Here is the link to the master spreadsheet I'll update with leaderboards etc. tomorrow sometime probably.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Just slightly over half of our players have confirmed signed, current leaderboard:

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yvFPO96F7FEmp9tTT9l5fHa503SoYI3SrowAYedRwFw/edit#gid=2013023998

Halfling Wizard Bear leads having been one of two to guess Gallinari to the Clippers and the only player to correctly guess George Hill to the Kings.

No-one picked Rudy Gay to the Spurs.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Rick and I both picked Kris Dunn for most likely to date a Kardashian

Middling, handsome in a pretty boy sort of way, I think it was the right pick

Holy poo poo how did halfling wizard b ear know every single big move, Chris Paul, Gallo, and Millsap. That's freaky

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Wasn't the Paul thing announced before the entry deadline

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

leftist heap posted:

Wasn't the Paul thing announced before the entry deadline

That dirty little cheater...

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

You should include submission date on the spreadsheet.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah it is on there, just a hidden column.

I've voided all Chris Paul guesses that were made after the trade was already announced. Halfling Wizard Bear actually did predict CP3 to the Rockets before the trade broke though. Maybe he is Woj?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yeah it is on there, just a hidden column.

I've voided all Chris Paul guesses that were made after the trade was already announced. Halfling Wizard Bear actually did predict CP3 to the Rockets before the trade broke though. Maybe he is Woj?

Did I just snitch on myself

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Rick and I both picked Kris Dunn for most likely to date a Kardashian

Middling, handsome in a pretty boy sort of way, I think it was the right pick

Holy poo poo how did halfling wizard b ear know every single big move, Chris Paul, Gallo, and Millsap. That's freaky

Yeah they definitely seem to have a type.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Whoa, Hill to the Kings and Taj were blind guesses. I mean, uhhhh, somebody hire me. I know stuff.

Dejan Bimble posted:

All three were in Nuggets rumors a lot and I'm a big ol' homer. CP was supposed to meet with Denver as well as Houston. Clippers have wanted Gallo for ages, Millsap was wishful thinking.

Halfling Wizard Bear fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hahaha holy poo poo I'm 4th? I thought I'd be dead last.

• Locked thread