Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm happy with the practice I got. I think I like my team. There's a lot of A+ talent (David Johnson, Tom Brady, DeMAyrius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Jamison Chowder). There is a glaring hole in TE if Doyle nor Bennett pans out. And I need to hit on one of my RB2s (Lacy, Martin, Perine, and some other weirdos). Overall, I think it went exactly how I wanted: Front load with talent, then worry about stuff that isn't quite as important).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm happy with the practice I got. I think I like my team. There's a lot of A+ talent (David Johnson, Tom Brady, DeMAyrius Thomas, Dez Bryant, Jamison Chowder). There is a glaring hole in TE if Doyle nor Bennett pans out. And I need to hit on one of my RB2s (Lacy, Martin, Perine, and some other weirdos). Overall, I think it went exactly how I wanted: Front load with talent, then worry about stuff that isn't quite as important).

Yeah, I liked this draft. I think Lacy is at least a volume play until Martin is back. He may be better than that, so I feel like that plays out well.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Looking over the teams this morning, the big question I had was for Leper. Why go so short on RB? Was that a choice or just the way the cards fell?

It's a reasonable question. Basically, my intention had been to take a fourth RB late; but then I remembered I had to take a D/ST. More generally, I think a lot of people (goons, anyway, I have no real exposure to fantasy football outside of SA) are going early and hard on RBs and I decided a contrarian approach might net a stronger team overall. I also chose to take a second QB at a point where I thought most of the other teams would as well - but this isn't best ball, now, is it? Along with the need to back up Gronk, I wound up having to decide whether to emphasize WR or RB and I went WR hard. In this league you start 3-4 WRs which to me means six is the absolute minimum to roster. And there was a lot of good WR value to be had.

There are still RBs on the waiver wire in this league that I'd maybe pick up after dumping/trading Ebron or Cousins. Tampa bay's backups will get some work the first four games; I'm not sure Marshawn Lynch is for real and if he isn't, the two guys in Oakland are worth owning; that kind of thing.

But I don't love my team and would probably draft differently if I did it again. Which I'm totally up for!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm down for another. I hate where I drafted at and want another go in the same position to see how it would go without drafting Rodgers in the first. I could have gotten a decent starting QB in the last few rounds.

I had my draft summary almost typed up but accidentally hit refresh on the wrong tab and lost it. I'll try again later today so I can contribute. One of the most important parts of mock drafts is our thinking for each draft pick.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I guess I didn't submit a full lineup?

MFL is loving confusing

• Locked thread