Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If by controlling shareholders they mean 80% of the voting stock is employee owned then effectively yeah that's employees owning the company. Pretty cool.

lol at Facebook where Zuckerberg's shares are worth 10x more votes than everyone else's so their shares are meaningless really

e: an Employee Share Ownership Plan is similar but it's just an employee benefit plan wherein employees get company shares. There's some tax benefits for both the company and the employee. But the difference is like a Google engineer might get shares but probably class C (which have no votes) and even if they got voting shares the employee owned number would be a drop in the bucket of the total shares outstanding.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

I loving LOVE the grocery store. I will gladly spend hours staring at food and imagining what I could cook. Also, during the day, you can also stare at hot women, and imagine what could happen if you weren't a goon.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
It's a loving blast to smile at strangers, hit on hot women, and restock your supplies. And this one time a guy almost hit me with his orange rear end in a top hat truck in the parking lot and we did those fussy little "what are you doing moron" shrugs at each other, like i was in the wrong for walking through the closest space to the front door, which obviously belongs to whatever fat idiot hates walking the most. As he pulled in he rolled down the window MOVE IT JACKASS and I was so taken aback that I didn't even swear back at him, I waved my hands around and was like "yeah, man, go... go away" lol. Then a couple minutes later in the store this hugely fat round little man with tedy roosevelt mustache and glasses waddled past where i was standing (breads) to the end of the aisle (sweets and candies). He had a little kid in tow (7 year old version of him, fat, nerd glasses). As the guy passes he mutters something retarded like "Just because you wave your hands doesnt mean you're in the right place", I guess he thought he would just snark at my back and that would look cool in front of his kid. I wasn't facing him when he said this so it took me a second to connect this to what had just happend, that some random rear end in a top hat i had tried to forget was actually reinserting himself into my life in an attempt to humiliate me for inconveniencing him by 1.1 seconds and whats more he looks like danny devito in a pair of cargo shorts and a loving hat in a supermarket, and when I got it I stormed down after him to where they had halted (sweets i cannot help but recall). I decided to press my advantage - my opponent had already disgraced himself with his fat gaucheness - I came up from behind and was all Excuse me sir, was that directed at me? By the way you probably shouldn't swear in front of your kid like that. He was instantly really mad but not scared because I was holding things of milk and bread loafs so He spluttered "Well THANK YOU for that parenting advice -- YOUNG MAN!!!" But at this point I was already walking away, clearly not giving a poo poo about what he had to say. The youngling witnessd his father destroyed by a cruel youthful buck causing irreperable psycholocigal harm or saw his cool short dad own a handsome loser. Either way I had won again. Just another fun thing that can happen at the grocry.

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 23, 2017

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cobweb Heart posted:

It's a loving blast to smile at strangers, hit on hot women, and restock your supplies. And this one time a guy almost hit me with his orange rear end in a top hat truck in the parking lot and we did those fussy little "what are you doing moron" shrugs at each other, like i was in the wrong for walking through the closest space to the front door, which obviously belongs to whatever fat idiot hates walking the most. As he pulled in he rolled down the window MOVE IT JACKASS and I was so taken aback that I didn't even swear back at him, I waved my hands around and was like "yeah, man, go... go away" lol. Then a couple minutes later in the store this hugely fat round little man with tedy roosevelt mustache and glasses waddled past where i was standing (breads) to the end of the aisle (sweets and candies). He had a little kid in tow (7 year old version of him, fat, nerd glasses). As the guy passes he mutters something retarded like "Just because you wave your hands doesnt mean you're in the right place", I guess he thought he would just snark at my back and that would look cool in front of his kid. I wasn't facing him when he said this so it took me a second to connect this to what had just happend, that some random rear end in a top hat i had tried to forget was actually reinserting himself into my life in an attempt to humiliate me for inconveniencing him by 1.1 seconds and whats more he looks like danny devito in a pair of cargo shorts and a loving hat in a supermarket, and when I got it I stormed down after him to where they had halted (sweets i cannot help but recall). I decided to press my advantage - my opponent had already disgraced himself with his fat gaucheness - I came up from behind and was all Excuse me sir, was that directed at me? By the way you probably shouldn't swear in front of your kid like that. He was instantly really mad but not scared because I was holding things of milk and bread loafs so He spluttered "Well THANK YOU for that parenting advice -- YOUNG MAN!!!" But at this point I was already walking away, clearly not giving a poo poo about what he had to say. The youngling witnessd his father destroyed by a cruel youthful buck causing irreperable psycholocigal harm or saw his cool short dad own a handsome loser. Either way I had won again. Just another fun thing that can happen at the grocry.

He was thanking you for the kind parenting advice can't you just gracefully accept a thank you? Jeez man parenting is hard ok

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

whoflungpoop posted:

If you talk to (I know I know hear me out) one of the managers they will figure out who the vendor is and make sure the product is stocked and if your store isn't stocking it anymore they will order it stocked for you. This is how I was able to welcome Williams & Connor's delicious peppered beef jerky back into my life

:hfive: Hell Yes. Although my heeb also does the hickory kind, very savory.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

karma_coma posted:

Take my advice as these are words of wisdom and just make your girlfriend go

jfc i haven't been to the grocery store in years

yalls bitches hahahaha

girls take forever to shop and overspend

i can be in and out of costco in 30 minutes with a week's worth of grosh, the efficiency that can only come from having a penis

:females:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I worked at Publix for a few years and they paid even less than Walmart while also not giving you any sort of employee discount or freebies. And they weren't quite as cultish as Walmart but they did have that same creepy corporate-mandated reverence for the dead founder complete with Juche style framed pictures of him everywhere.

I guess it's a testament to their marketing team that people are willing to go out of their to pay out the rear end for the exact same products at Publix out of some nebulous moral imperative because they present themselves as the underdogs.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Mann posted:

I worked at Publix for a few years and they paid even less than Walmart while also not giving you any sort of employee discount or freebies. And they weren't quite as cultish as Walmart but they did have that same creepy corporate-mandated reverence for the dead founder complete with Juche style framed pictures of him everywhere.

I guess it's a testament to their marketing team that people are willing to go out of their to pay out the rear end for the exact same products at Publix out of some nebulous moral imperative because they present themselves as the underdogs.

I guess the truth comes out lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Guy Mann posted:

And they weren't quite as cultish as Walmart but they did have that same creepy corporate-mandated reverence for the dead founder complete with Juche style framed pictures of him everywhere.

That's not a thing at every major corporation? The ones at UPS are loving everywhere

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
the food4less is big and really depressing but the lines go RLY fast. they got a Y shaped diverter on the belt so 2 slow assholes can bag their own poo poo after shopping. while they ring the next. it owns. i go at night and t he toothless crackhead who r ings me up every time is my friend. my spacebar is breaking tyvm.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Smythe posted:

the food4less is big and really depressing but the lines go RLY fast. they got a Y shaped diverter on the belt so 2 slow assholes can bag their own poo poo after shopping. while they ring the next. it owns. i go at night and t he toothless crackhead who r ings me up every time is my friend. my spacebar is breaking tyvm.

I'm sorry for your lots friend Smythe may your keyboard rest in piss

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
OP I think maybe you have a lot of anxiety about going to the grocery store. Maybe the anxiety is about things that you think will happen at the store, or maybe it's stress from other situations that cause you anxiety, which then cause you to be stressed out at the grocery store.

I think everyone will admit, though, that a crowded grocery store is a real shitstain of a place to be, especially if like, you are there right after work at 6pm and you just want to go home.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i have a bunch of god-tier very rare reusable tote bags from local theatre companies that ive had a few stop&chats about....... FTWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I'm sorry for your lots friend Smythe may your keyboard rest in piss

tks its a FILCO majestouch 10keyless with CHERRY BLUE SWITCHES that i can fix i think. prob a SANDWICH part inside it

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

T.S. Smelliot posted:

I was in an Aldi once, it was the closest analogy I can think of to compare it to the grocery store equivalent of dumpster diving behind a Walmart

I remember an Aldis moved in near where I lived when I was a kid and the neighborhood was dazzled by their low prices, insisting the quality was "just as good!"

..it was not. The odd thing about Aldis brand slop is that it actually DOES taste fine.. for the first bite. Every subsequent bite, somehow, it tastes worse until by like you've eaten several, then it is the most disgusting substance in the universe. Like, every single food they make.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Aldi's eggs are like gag rubber eggs, like if you hard boil them they have the consistency of a bouncy ball and the yolks are neon yellow.

If you don't get their produce, or dairy, eggs or meat, then they're fine for dry goods and processed foods.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Yeah i make sure my Butler only shops at the kind of grocery stores that have carpet instead of tile.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

grocery shopping is literally my favorite thing to do

there are like a gazillion brands for every single product

and you can eat them

consumerism is great, this is how the commies felt when they came to the america. this is boris loving yeltsin throwing his arms up at the frozen foods section

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Shoutouts to the rats who live in the storage area under the greeting card racks at every store

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Update: I got a delivery today from Peapod. It saved me time so I could keep sperging about dinosaurs in ARK. Thanks, Peapod, for enabling me to continue my eugenics experiments and I hope the $15 tip was adequate.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

I went to the farmer's market and walked around for like an hour, staring at meat and produce and whatever else I did. I think I made five purchases and it owned. Made mushroom risotto. Now I can retire to drinking bourbon and smoking weed and eating parmesan.

In summation: I'm a sperg for groceries.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

Yo can you please stop using the self checkout because it should be quick but then I get to stand behind people like you who can't figure out to just keep the drat bagging area clear and it defeats the whole point.

Sorry :\

For whatever reason I don't get the UNEXPECTED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA for some reason it doesn't like the weights of some of the stuff I picked and that's just a general CHECKING WEIGHT, PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE problem but you're right I have seen people set unbagged stuff there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

OP, either make a drat list and buy groceries once a month or just go at off-peak times.

• Locked thread