Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is a very entertaining thread. Could some of the wizards do a Ferrari themed one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richard gearhead
Jun 1, 2005

My new penis is a gigantic monster!

DoctorGonzo posted:

This is a very entertaining thread. Could some of the wizards do a Ferrari themed one?

Absolutely not. Get out of my thread.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

richard gearhead posted:

Absolutely not. Get out of my thread.

thats not very nice :(

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

DoctorGonzo posted:

I'm no wizard, but here's this. Music track is Tragical Clown Shower.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Jolo posted:

I'm no wizard, but here's this. Music track is Tragical Clown Shower.

Thank you for inspiring me.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Thank you for inspiring me.

2 legit

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Tr=ff. Can of t TFR == trttf TFR ffctcctftfffcftt t=cfrft pt = rfcc tf frtff fff ltrctrt=tfcccc ft ==ft f. Fcctccttft ft TFR kit ft ffft ===ft Tom tr=fc=trrfttrcrrrtFCC. C. C. Cr==tr== crtr==t. T. T Cc ccc cc t ft CCTVhttp://i.imgur.com/gDhkdN4.png== f ftttt

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Scratch Monkey posted:

Tr=ff. Can of t TFR == trttf TFR ffctcctftfffcftt t=cfrft pt = rfcc tf frtff fff ltrctrt=tfcccc ft ==ft f. Fcctccttft ft TFR kit ft ffft ===ft Tom tr=fc=trrfttrcrrrtFCC. C. C. Cr==tr== crtr==t. T. T Cc ccc cc t ft CCTVhttp://i.imgur.com/gDhkdN4.png== f ftttt

Same, friend.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Scratch Monkey posted:

nice meltdown

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scratch Monkey posted:

Freakazoid!

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Piggy Smalls posted:

Coming from an idiot who knows nothing about computer programs but is this done with photoshop?

you really want to know?

yes, you can do this through photoshop by itself. the multi frame part can be done through (i think it used to be called Animation) but is now Timeline though the Window menu. I want to really point this out because while it sounds easier to do it through some point and click interface, i can literally get the job done in 1/3 of the time it takes to do this through some unix/linux command lines instead of some GUI cursor in photoshop. writing up photoshop scripts is bs

I am one of those fuckin goon unix nerds so I am more familiar with using ffmpeg (command line app) to convert a video grabbed via a known downloading youtube vid app link to some pngs between 16-20 png frames a second from a certain time frame from the video on youtube

I then use a decent image manipulation program (photoshop is standard, but open source gimp on your mainstream operating system of choice will do the job more than enough) to manipulate the certain image assets based on its previous frame regarding its future frame, if that makes any sense

turning those png back into a single gif file I use a known command line app called imagemagick to both composite the photoshopped zoolandeer scene into some royalty-free cinema background image as well as join the png files into a full blown gif with acceptable animated gif compression profiles

the gasoline scene and the babby reaction scene frames were done separately and joined into one single gif via the imagemagick convert command. no downloading some adware ani gif app or loving with photoshop or whatever. literally entering "image1.gif + image2.gif = image3.gif" with correct syntax into the terminal, it was done within 3 hours total including whatever individual frame modifying i did (which especially took time when certain assets got in front of what I was changing). frame by frame.

i bet you if i was decent at adobe after effects i could cut the time spent on this in half or maybe shorter and make the animation look smoother. i think i have this buried goal of becoming somethingawful's next everdraed in the future. whether that will happen, no one knows.

there is your answer. enjoy.

if your response is "gently caress command line apps" then i don't blame you. it's bullshit. but so are most major religions.

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 6, 2017

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

you really want to know?

yes, you can do this through photoshop by itself. the multi frame part can be done through (i think it used to be called Animation) but is now Timeline though the Window menu. I want to really point this out because while it sounds easier to do it through some point and click interface, i can literally get the job done in 1/3 of the time it takes to do this through some unix/linux command lines instead of some GUI cursor in photoshop. writing up photoshop scripts is bs

I am one of those fuckin goon unix nerds so I am more familiar with using ffmpeg (command line app) to convert a video grabbed via a known downloading youtube vid app link to some pngs between 16-20 png frames a second from a certain time frame from the video on youtube

I then use a decent image manipulation program (photoshop is standard, but open source gimp on your mainstream operating system of choice will do the job more than enough) to manipulate the certain image assets based on its previous frame regarding its future frame, if that makes any sense

turning those png back into a single gif file I use a known command line app called imagemagick to both composite the photoshopped zoolandeer scene into some royalty-free cinema background image as well as join the png files into a full blown gif with acceptable animated gif compression profiles

the gasoline scene and the babby reaction scene frames were done separately and joined into one single gif via the imagemagick convert command. no downloading some adware ani gif app or loving with photoshop or whatever. literally entering "image1.gif + image2.gif = image3.gif" with correct syntax into the terminal, it was done within 3 hours total, including whatever frame modifying i did. frame by frame.

i bet you if i was decent at adobe after effects i could cut the time spent on this in half or maybe shorter and make the animation look smoother. i think i have this buried goal of becoming somethingawful's next everdraed in the future. whether that will happen, no one knows.

if your response if "gently caress command line apps" then i don't blame you. it's bullshit. but so is most major religions.

this post is so me

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Smythe posted:

the stick i did expired. ill stick it a bit longer then off to the mines.

smythe the sticky expired again I found this poor thread all the way on page two!

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

so, eh. goldmine this poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I'll give her 1 more day, if it doesn't get anything cool off to the mines with it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

GetDunked posted:

nice meltdown

I'm very happy that my weird butt-post is in this thread

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 6, 2017

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

:golfclap:

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

Large thumb icon

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

:mrgw:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

you really want to know?

the gasoline scene and the babby reaction scene frames were done separately and joined into one single gif via the imagemagick convert command. no downloading some adware ani gif app or loving with photoshop or whatever. literally entering "image1.gif + image2.gif = image3.gif" with correct syntax into the terminal, it was done within 3 hours total including whatever individual frame modifying i did (which especially took time when certain assets got in front of what I was changing). frame by frame.

if your response is "gently caress command line apps" then i don't blame you. it's bullshit. but so are most major religions.

Yospos.txt

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Awesome. I love it when old Photoshop threads turn up. This reminds me that there's one I wanna do but it'll have to wait 'til I'm at work tomorrow and have access to Photoshop.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Wait you did the editing in Photoshop? What was your process to put in a bunch of different object orientations? I'm under the impression you need a new layer for each new angle or size of an object in a gif.

Also why not just use a website like giphy to convert a YouTube clip directly into a gif?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

Wait you did the editing in Photoshop? What was your process to put in a bunch of different object orientations? I'm under the impression you need a new layer for each new angle or size of an object in a gif.

Also why not just use a website like giphy to convert a YouTube clip directly into a gif?

you're just editing frame by frame changing image assets as needed

as for why I use a free program that gives you tons choice for video to image conversion instead of using some commercially driven website to do it for me with less options? I dunno. Maybe I should use websites to resize images for me too instead of doing that in an image editing program

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

you really want to know?

YOSPOS BITCH!!!!!

That said it sounds a lot easier than loving photoshop.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

du -hast posted:

YOSPOS BITCH!!!!!

That said it sounds a lot easier than loving photoshop.

/

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Wait, wait, don't close the thread yet! I have another important photograh!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is it possible for us to get a rendering of what our friends would look like today?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Can't... stop... doing these...

Love how even his hands are orange, but they're probably a little too big.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

Is it possible for us to get a rendering of what our friends would look like today?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

...party time? excellent?

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

lol

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

lmao

never unpin this

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003