Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

you dont need an overlay to know that larrys been trying to throttle things lol

enabling mod after mod, distorting Todd Howards beautiful dream beyond recognition, and tugging his dirty loving dick all the while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

has anyone played streets of rogue? it sounds fun (esp co-op) but I'm kind of burned out on pixelated humourous roguelites and it's early access lol

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/14/streets-of-rogue-review-early-access/

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 4, 2017

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Final Haul:

Hollow Knight
Hylics
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
The Count Lucanor
Hexcells

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

has anyone played streets of rogue? it sounds fun (esp co-op) but I'm kind of burned out on pixelated humourous roguelites and it's early access lol

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/14/streets-of-rogue-review-early-access/

i think it's pretty cool. the humor is very bad, but easy to ignore. it captures the deus-ex feeling pretty well, given the format, imo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

it might be your CPU bottlenecking it? you should turn on some onscreen overlays in Afterburner to see what's throttling things

My GPU is the weak link so I don't think so but I'll try this out. Thanks

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

you dont need an overlay to know that larrys been trying to throttle things lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Final Haul:

Hollow Knight
Hylics
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
The Count Lucanor
Hexcells

hylics has the best attack animation ive seen in an rpg

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its over

I sold some csgo skins to bring my funds up to 35 bucks, and got quake 1, devil daggers, system shock 1 enhanced, system shock 2, knytt underground, kairo, transistor, REmake and Hollow Knight

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I bought nothing and I've just been playing Wizardry VI.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

humble bundle is having their store sale now, their selection isn't as good as steam, but their games are drm free and the sales can get a lot deeper considering you get a cumulative 10% off if you're a monthly subscriber and you can get 5% cash back if you fiddle around with your account preferences.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got Mafia 3 and don't like it so far.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

humble bundle is having their store sale now, their selection isn't as good as steam, but their games are drm free and the sales can get a lot deeper considering you get a cumulative 10% off if you're a monthly subscriber and you can get 5% cash back if you fiddle around with your account preferences.

stephens sausage roll is cheaper than ive ever seen it so i bought it. DRODlikes ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I bought The Surge. It's no DS3 but it's fairly fast paced and pretty fun. I got killed by a cyber-Manikin.

this is one of the only posts in this forum about this game, found it searching. Just played this at a buddies and it seems kinda awesome. There's some cheap stuff that undercuts some of the basic design of a Souls-like (like healing not having an animation and you can do it while you're in a "being damaged" animation") and the finishing moves can make yourself invulnerable to other enemies during the duration. I mean of course DS has that too but those require parryin or position, but in this it snaps you into it from a pretty forgiving distance. But I like the speed of it a lot and all the enemies are basically Bloodborne hunters aka they move like you and have similar attack speeds and the limb targeting system is really really cool. I wanna pick it up next time it's cheap since I just missed the sale

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Final summer sale haul:

Steam
Squad
Stellaris DLC
Darkest Dungeon
Hollow Knight
Pit People
Total War: Warhammer Wood Elves DLC

GOG
Police Quest 1-4 pack
Police Quest: SWAT 1/2
SWAT 3
SWAT 4

PSN
Shadow of Mordor: GOTY Edition

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SWAT4 kicks rear end.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

SWAT4 kicks rear end.

Yeah, SWAT4 is such a great game. I loved trapping an enemy in a room by putting wedges/doorstops under each door, then try alerting/spooking them with gunfire.
Shame they haven't re-released it on Steam

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, SWAT4 is such a great game. I loved trapping an enemy in a room by putting wedges/doorstops under each door, then try alerting/spooking them with gunfire.
Shame they haven't re-released it on Steam

i only buy pre 2010 games on gog since every time ive got one on steam its been a broken mess

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

even though i know its not very good in many ways i still have a great love for swat 2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I only bought Hollow Knight and Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. Well, goodbye

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

this is one of the only posts in this forum about this game, found it searching. Just played this at a buddies and it seems kinda awesome. There's some cheap stuff that undercuts some of the basic design of a Souls-like (like healing not having an animation and you can do it while you're in a "being damaged" animation") and the finishing moves can make yourself invulnerable to other enemies during the duration. I mean of course DS has that too but those require parryin or position, but in this it snaps you into it from a pretty forgiving distance. But I like the speed of it a lot and all the enemies are basically Bloodborne hunters aka they move like you and have similar attack speeds and the limb targeting system is really really cool. I wanna pick it up next time it's cheap since I just missed the sale

Fair warning the game feels like a search for a shortcut back to the bonfire OPS till the end. But combat is super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i haven't played the surge or even seen what it looks like but you can immediately tell its bad thanks to the key code for bad games "souls-like" and "western." bahaha

• Locked thread