Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I'll vote for Outer Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

Here, have some galaxy filler. Good luck getting these guys off their comfy planet!

Sedenteron Dormancy
Mammalian, top row 2nd across, pig-camel hybrid
Sendenteron, Sedenterons, Sedenteron
Mammalian 1
Nonadaptive, Slow Breeders, Sedentary, Weak, Slow Learners

J'Dallot Sakir, Female
King, Queen
Crown Prince, Crown Princess
Phenotype 1, Hairstyle 1
Color Variant 4, Clothes 5
Room 1

Sedent
Sedstar
Random
Arctic
Mammalian City

Fanatic Pacifist, Xenophile
Imperial
Functional Architecture, Agrarian Idyll
Sedenteron Dormancy
Sedenteron
Paradox (1,1) A curled up, sleeping stylized beastie
(2,1) and (1,2)
3rd row, 1st column, the horizontal sine wave

Missiles
Hyperspace
Mammalian

Sedenteron Dormancy has been created. I find it interesting that you created their race with 5 negative traits. I don't know how it will work once it gets to the point, but if they genetically engineer themselves, they will have 8 Trait Points to invest plus what they get from technology and other sources.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

ShichiNoBushi posted:

Sedenteron Dormancy has been created. I find it interesting that you created their race with 5 negative traits. I don't know how it will work once it gets to the point, but if they genetically engineer themselves, they will have 8 Trait Points to invest plus what they get from technology and other sources.

8 trait points but all trait slots filled, they need to remove some to gain any positives, with a concomitant loss of points to work with.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ShichiNoBushi posted:

That gets me zero results. Would it be in some other location than my Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folder or possibly a hidden one?

Don't know! Macs are weird!

Hidden's probably not a bad guess if an all-computer search isn't doing the trick though.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

ShichiNoBushi posted:

That gets me zero results. Would it be in some other location than my Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folder or possibly a hidden one?

Try looking in Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stellaris/. (User empires are in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/user_empire_designs.txt.)

Anyway, here's my entry:

code:
"Sparven Star Authority"
={
        key="Sparven Star Authority"
        name_list="AVI3"
        ship_prefix="SAS"
        species_name="Sparven"
        species_plural="Sparvena"
        species_class="AVI"
        species_adjective="Sparveni"
        species_bio=""
        portrait="avi15"
        name="Sparven Star Authority"
        adjective="Sparveni"
        authority="auth_dictatorial"
        government="gov_martial_dictatorship"
        ftl=hyperdrive
        weapon="tech_mass_drivers_1"
        planet_name="Cyris Prime"
        planet_class="pc_tropical"
        system_name="Cyris"
        initializer=""
        graphical_culture="avian_01"
        city_graphical_culture="avian_01"
        empire_flag={
                icon={
                        category="domination"
                        file="domination_17.dds"
                }
                background={
                        category="backgrounds"
                        file="new_dawn.dds"
                }
                colors={
                        "blue"
                        "red"
                        "null"
                        "null"
                }
        }
        ruler={
                gender=male
                name="Feathers of Teal"
                portrait="avi15"
                texture=0
                hair=0
                clothes=0
                ruler_title="Winglord"
        }
        spawn_as_fallen=no
        ignore_portrait_duplication=no
        room="personality_fanatic_purifier_room"
        spawn_enabled=yes
        ethic="ethic_authoritarian"
        ethic="ethic_xenophobe"
        ethic="ethic_militarist"
        civics={
                "civic_philosopher_king"
                "civic_warrior_culture"
        }
        trait="trait_weak"
        trait="trait_nomadic"
        trait="trait_rapid_breeders"
        trait="trait_natural_engineers"
}
(I thought about throwing in the build I usually play as, but figured I'd go with dickbirbs instead.)

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Aerdan posted:

Try looking in Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stellaris/. (User empires are in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/user_empire_designs.txt.)

Anyway, here's my entry:

code:
"Sparven Star Authority"
={
        key="Sparven Star Authority"
        name_list="AVI3"
        ship_prefix="SAS"
        species_name="Sparven"
        species_plural="Sparvena"
        species_class="AVI"
        species_adjective="Sparveni"
        species_bio=""
        portrait="avi15"
        name="Sparven Star Authority"
        adjective="Sparveni"
        authority="auth_dictatorial"
        government="gov_martial_dictatorship"
        ftl=hyperdrive
        weapon="tech_mass_drivers_1"
        planet_name="Cyris Prime"
        planet_class="pc_tropical"
        system_name="Cyris"
        initializer=""
        graphical_culture="avian_01"
        city_graphical_culture="avian_01"
        empire_flag={
                icon={
                        category="domination"
                        file="domination_17.dds"
                }
                background={
                        category="backgrounds"
                        file="new_dawn.dds"
                }
                colors={
                        "blue"
                        "red"
                        "null"
                        "null"
                }
        }
        ruler={
                gender=male
                name="Feathers of Teal"
                portrait="avi15"
                texture=0
                hair=0
                clothes=0
                ruler_title="Winglord"
        }
        spawn_as_fallen=no
        ignore_portrait_duplication=no
        room="personality_fanatic_purifier_room"
        spawn_enabled=yes
        ethic="ethic_authoritarian"
        ethic="ethic_xenophobe"
        ethic="ethic_militarist"
        civics={
                "civic_philosopher_king"
                "civic_warrior_culture"
        }
        trait="trait_weak"
        trait="trait_nomadic"
        trait="trait_rapid_breeders"
        trait="trait_natural_engineers"
}
(I thought about throwing in the build I usually play as, but figured I'd go with dickbirbs instead.)

Thanks. I found it. Though it doesn't help that the Library folder is hidden. But I had already known to use Go To to find it to mod other games.

Also "dickbirbs" have been imported.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
I'm just reminding everyone that voting on the empire we play is officially opening tomorrow. Many of you have taken the initiative to already post your votes here, but I will start a Straw Poll with the submissions there. I am doing it this way for a couple reasons: so it is easier for me to count and so that changing votes to any new submissions won't be complicated. Since voting hasn't started yet, I am still accepting new submissions, and the deadline is by the time I post the Straw Poll link.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Empire submission is now closed, and we will now be officially voting on which one we will be playing. All the rest of the entries will be forced to spawn in the galaxy. Entries are as follows.

The Goonish Guard

Wessari Interstellar Nation

Big Butterfly Quantimity

The People

Sedenteron Dormancy

Sparven Star Authority

Outer Heaven

I have created a Straw Poll to vote on which empire to play. https://strawpoll.com/cbaw8s6

I have scheduled a recording session with CirclMastr and Tog tomorrow, and we will decide the results then. The three of us will decide the winner among any ties. And given recording and editing go well, videos for the proper LP should be available some time next week.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

13 votes in and only one suggestion hasn't had a single vote, mine. Even I didn't vote for it. :)

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I come to vote...and find The Goons are already winning all is as it should be.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
For a while it was the Sedenteron Dormancy with their 5 negative Racial Traits. I was a little worried for a moment but figured it could have been interesting.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
It's the challenge option. Nothing there is outright crippling, but fanatic pacifists who are weak, slow at everything and don't like change make for a fun little skill test. It's the ultimate 'path of least resistance' lazy bastard civ,.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

It's the challenge option. Nothing there is outright crippling, but fanatic pacifists who are weak, slow at everything and don't like change make for a fun little skill test. It's the ultimate 'path of least resistance' lazy bastard civ,.

yea i was going to go for the Goonish Guard, but that one seems like it would be more interesting to watch.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

AJ_Impy posted:

Sounds like the Spathi, heh.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Sorry if anyone's wondering when the next episode is supposed to be. There was a scheduling problem, and we won't be able to have a recording session until this weekend. If things go well this time, there should be an update next week.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Godna posted:

[Racial Traits] Intelligent, Slow Breeder, Sendentary, Deviants, Industrious

Should've taken Repugnant :colbert:

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
Speaking of which, when is the first ep?

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Godna posted:

Speaking of which, when is the first ep?

If schedules go well, we will have a recording session tonight. Then I will get to editing the videos and uploading, so expect them sometime next week.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
At long last, the LP has properly started. Voting on empires is closed, and the winner was The Goonish Guard. So we will collectively be playing as hive-minded deviant mushroom Goons. (Mushgoons?)

LP Stellaris 1-1

And as I mentioned before, the audience is invited to provide names for any namable thing in the game: planets, stars and systems, leaders, ships, ship classes, etc. So if you want to offer your name or suggest one, please say so as well as what specifically what type of item you want named perhaps with some criteria such as what class of planet or what type of leader. You may also mention whether you want it added to a general pool of names or claim any specific object or person which will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. Celestial bodies (stars, planets, moons, asteroids) can only be renamed if they are within our borders.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
We need to rename everything in that home system stat. I propose the other games subforums.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
We are the GOONMIND. I propose that Autonomous drone 69 keeps his job as the society leader, and the overall leader shall be named the GOONMIND. Capslock is manual

edit: Nuking it for orbit is infact the Goon way. Also We should treat any migrants we may receive as a food source. Because if it exists I'm sure a goon has eaten it

edit2: Games system was a stealth pun. I am pleased to see

Godna fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 14, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I vote to name a type of ship the Autism class. :v:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Godna posted:

We are the GOONMIND. I propose that Autonomous drone 69 keeps his job as the society leader, and the overall leader shall be named the GOONMIND. Capslock is manual

edit: Nuking it for orbit is infact the Goon way. Also We should treat any migrants we may receive as a food source. Because if it exists I'm sure a goon has eaten it

We can't receive migrants as a hivemind. Anything not-us dies out, usually shaking its clenched manipulatory appendage as it decries that 'Goons ruin everything'. (Technically it gets deported, but we can change that to 'gets eaten'.)

There is a late-game option where we can grant hiveminded status to other species, essentially covering their :10bux: and enabling them to remain part of us.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 14, 2017

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ShichiNoBushi posted:

So we will collectively be playing as hive-minded deviant mushroom Goons. (Mushgoons?)

Goonshrooms.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Godna posted:

AJ_Impy posted:

We can't receive migrants as a hivemind. Anything not-us dies out, usually shaking its clenched manipulatory appendage as it decries that 'Goons ruin everything'. (Technically it gets deported, but we can change that to 'gets eaten'.)

There is a late-game option where we can grant hiveminded status to other species, essentially covering their :10bux: and enabling them to remain part of us.

I'm not sure if "livestock slavery" is available for us once we somehow get another race in our empire, but I believe "processing purge" is which means they will be converted into food. And since excess food does convert into additional growth rate, some empires might RP this as the other species being assimilated. In a later update to the game, there will be an option to turn other species into hive-minded ones to join the collective consciousness, and currently this can be done with sufficiently advanced biotechnology to genetically modify them.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
name more things after users. Like slowbeef's black hole

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

name more things after users. Like slowbeef's black hole

I'd prefer to only name things after users if those users specifically requested it. But if there's popular enough demand for anyone in particular, I'll consider it.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
let's name ship classes after let;s play mods.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
New episode.

LP Stellaris 1-2

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Interesting tech choices. Not what I would have gone for, but that doesn't mean they're bad (might be the opposite :v: ).

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Something is going to have to be named after Senator Armstrong.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
LP Update

LP Stellaris 2-1

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Happy with the name changes. I like the idea of doing the moons as the best threads from the relevant forums.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AJ_Impy posted:

Happy with the name changes. I like the idea of doing the moons as the best threads from the relevant forums.

:D

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Sorry for the late update.

LP Stellaris 2-2

Also, the next story pack and major update will be coming out in a couple weeks. I would like to know if you would want me to continue this playthrough or start a new one once they come out?

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
could do a reset with all the same options more or less?

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Given that there will be more options, primarily the ability to start as a machine empire, I figure I'd open it up again for audience submissions of empire designs.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Can we name something CirclMastr's Hopes & Dreams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ShichiNoBushi posted:

Given that there will be more options, primarily the ability to start as a machine empire, I figure I'd open it up again for audience submissions of empire designs.

I think that a PusherBot Imperium goes without saying.

• Locked thread