Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Alley Cat

LOVE THEM MOUSIES

Always wanted a sequel to that Ghost in the Shell game on PS1 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
They remastered Homeworld and Homeworld 2, but I would love to see Homeworld: Cataclysm because it was the best of the series.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

They remastered Homeworld and Homeworld 2, but I would love to see Homeworld: Cataclysm because it was the best of the series.

They were able to find enough of Cata to put it up as "Emergence" on GOG (because Blizzard has the rights to the name "Cataclysm" lol) so maybe someday that'll happen.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
It's 2017, and Transport Tycoon Deluxe/Openttd still has no suitable modern re-imagining.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Super dumb, but I'd love a modern remake of EverQuest.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Willias posted:

Super dumb, but I'd love a modern remake of EverQuest.

This is actually brilliant. Completely redo the graphics, leave everything else alone, change the name and market it as the dark souls of MMOs.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I've never even heard of half of these games.

I was going through my old collection and found Fight Night, which is a great head to head party game that I thought always had a lot of unrealized potential. It got a lot of things right but was to open to a lot of cheese and the single player mode was way, way too easy. I'd like EA to take another shot at it and add a couple of more strategic layers to the many things they got right. They seemed to just sort of stop once they'd reached a certain level with it.

Has anyone ever tried a 3d Earthworm Jim game? Or Abe's Odysessy? Not sure how that second one might work but I could see it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

RBA Starblade posted:

They were able to find enough of Cata to put it up as "Emergence" on GOG (because Blizzard has the rights to the name "Cataclysm" lol) so maybe someday that'll happen.

I remember playing Missions 1-3 and thinking: "Cool, we're going to use this alien beacon thing and unlock some sweet alien tech or make contact with another race which gives us awesome stuff."

Then Mission 4 happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB2MdYSiHh8

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BiggerBoat posted:

I was going through my old collection and found Fight Night, which is a great head to head party game that I thought always had a lot of unrealized potential. It got a lot of things right but was to open to a lot of cheese and the single player mode was way, way too easy. I'd like EA to take another shot at it and add a couple of more strategic layers to the many things they got right. They seemed to just sort of stop once they'd reached a certain level with it.

Has anyone ever tried a 3d Earthworm Jim game? Or Abe's Odysessy? Not sure how that second one might work but I could see it.

Earthworm Jim 3d was a N64 game! It was bad. :(

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

BiggerBoat posted:

Or Abe's Odysessy? Not sure how that second one might work but I could see it.

That was the first one, right? They remade the first one for PS4 a couple years ago, and I think it's on Steam now. Oddworld: New n Tasty. I didn't hear anything amazing about it, but I didn't hear anything bad either.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
I miss Starfleet Command II: Empires at War. I beta tested it, loved it to death, then, well, the next one (SFC III) was horrible dogshit.

Seconding Starflight 1 and 2, they were two of my favorites back in the '80s. Sundog was also great on the Apple GS.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

BiggerBoat posted:

I was going through my old collection and found Fight Night,

The last one came out around the 360 early era, but the EA UFC games are really good too if you haven't tried them

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'd love another Crimson Skies game.

And also agreeing with the Jungle Strike / Desert Strike games

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

freeranger posted:

I'd love another Crimson Skies game.

It has to have Timothy Omundson reprising his role. The next edition should add Dule Hill and James Roday.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
OP there was a Goldeneye "re-imagining" on the Wii that I enjoyed enough, though I never finished it. I'd also def play re-makes/re-masters of Riven and Quest 64 which others have mentioned.

For my part I've always wanted the Jedi Knight games re-made using the engine from Red Steel 2 (Wii) so I could do sick-nasty motion control lightsabering and gunplay. But that ship sailed years ago.

Also if I had seen this thread a couple of months ago I would've said Age of Empires 1 but that's now actually happening so :getin:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Vagrant Story. Can't believe I forgot that one. I loved the weapons crafting and turned based combat but never did figure out the right way to use the risk meter. At a certain point, I was just hitting the monster with huge combos but only dealing 1 pt of damage for every strike. Never beat the end boss because of this.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Or Abe's Odysessy? Not sure how that second one might work but I could see it.

Did you not play Munch's Odyssey on the original Xbox? It actually worked pretty well but it doesn't really compare to the first two.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Did you not play Munch's Odyssey on the original Xbox? It actually worked pretty well but it doesn't really compare to the first two.

No I missed it. Was it xbox exclusive? I skipped a generation of consoles somewhere around that time. I wonder how the mechanics might work in 3d with full camera control and get rid of the side scrolling. I guess I could just google it.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

No I missed it. Was it xbox exclusive? I skipped a generation of consoles somewhere around that time. I wonder how the mechanics might work in 3d with full camera control and get rid of the side scrolling. I guess I could just google it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15740/Oddworld_Munchs_Oddysee/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Thank you. Looks OK. Reminds me a little of Beyond Good and Evil for some reason but I've heard they're already doing a sequel to that one.

Also, I know we're getting a new Spiderman game soon but I always wanted one that used the picture taking mechanic from the old Sega/Kingpin game where you had to earn money to buy web fluid by taking cool photos. Forget what it was called but I always thought that was a neat idea.

• Locked thread