Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
do i want to live in a land of infinite trees and lakes or do i want to live in a land of remote deep sea ports & rain. one has moose & the other has salmon.

only U can decide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
salmon is p tasty so im going with that

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Infinite trees and lakes and moose

paradise

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Off to an early tie. gently caress.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

the trump tutelage posted:

do i want to live in a land of infinite trees and lakes or do i want to live in a land of remote deep sea ports & rain. one has moose & the other has salmon.

only U can decide

go for salmon and show us your sweet catches

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Seaports and rain. Salmon tastes better.

Are these the same place?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Moose lakes

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Why is the fact that the coast has sea ports any way a factor in this decision?

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
yes the boreal, enjoy getting eaten to death by horse flies lmao

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

The Butcher posted:

Why is the fact that the coast has sea ports any way a factor in this decision?

Drug availability

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
op do you like salmon or trout better?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Drugs are pretty drat prevalent in the Midwest and at a lower premium. Who needs the coast lol

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Vancouver is poo poo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Salmon are much less likely to destroy your car, OP

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
duluth may as well be seattle considering how loving lovely the weather is there

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I'd take either over where I currently live. gently caress hot weather.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mankind has used trees to forge weapons for itself since the beginning of time.
Never have I played a Total war game with a ranged unit armed with salmon.

Think about it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How are you gonna smoke that salmon with no trees, OP? Ever think about that? :colbert:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
You should definitely move to Vancouver. I hear it's the best place to live in the world.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
protip buy your salmon from the native americans, it will be insanely delicious and competitively priced

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I wish the city I live in was dying

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

fish and chips and dip posted:

I wish the city I live in was dying

my city is a monstrous rotting corpse

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

de_dust posted:

yes the boreal, enjoy getting eaten to death by horse flies lmao

Boreal forests always seem like a place that seems awesome to be in your mind when you see a picture of them, but in reality are miserable hellholes.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Go to southern Alaska, get it all.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009
The only thing you will get out of Boreal forest is a solid appreciation for why most people livenear the coast.

Also going to second the thing about salmon not loving up your car. Depending on where on the coast though, elk will gently caress your car up just as well.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Live on a bus

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
All I know is that the PNW coastline is beautiful but a depressing place to live because it's rainy/foggy 99% of the time. I don't know what a boreal forest is, but I lived in the mountains with lots of trees for a few years and it was also incredibly depressing. Trees everywhere so it's like living in a fishbowl, and the people are weird backwoods type people.

I like warm, wide open spaces. I'm a desert boi.

naem
May 29, 2011

I like trees and also water

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Bareback Werewolf posted:

All I know is that the PNW coastline is beautiful but a depressing place to live because it's rainy/foggy 99% of the time. I don't know what a boreal forest is, but I lived in the mountains with lots of trees for a few years and it was also incredibly depressing. Trees everywhere so it's like living in a fishbowl, and the people are weird backwoods type people.

I like warm, wide open spaces. I'm a desert boi.

This is a good post.

OP should move to the desert or the prairies if he wants to stay in Canada.

Or he could move to Mississauga. LOL.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

the trump tutelage posted:

only U can decide

Move to Duluth and check most of those boxes simultaneously

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
imo boreal hellhole is the best

if you live near the coast, australians come around and start fistfights with your locals over the ocean

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Trees everywhere so it's like living in a fishbowl, and the people are weird backwoods type people.

funny thing, if you live surrounded by ocean everywhere the eye can see, it's like living in a crab bucket and everyone is an idiot and gets furious if anyone tries to leave, but also they hate each other and want nothing more than for everyone else to leave

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

interwhat posted:

Drugs are pretty drat prevalent in the Midwest and at a lower premium. Who needs the coast lol

Local chemist discovers one weird trick to circumventing the international drug trade. El Chapo HATES him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Coastal rain reminds me of the Ray Bradbury short story about the astronauts that land on a planet (Venus?) Only to be tortured by the endless rain so much so that they commit suicide by lifting their heads to the sky and drowning that way. So, I'll go with coastal rain.

• Locked thread