Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ace Combat is the best arcade fighter plane series, maybe even the best flying game in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The mission where you have to stay under the canyon's lip while protecting the rebel hackers....the mission where you rescue the president from a castle on a glacier....when Sand Island gets attacked and you have to take off with a training jet...it's so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

While so far the missions are more like AC4 in simplicity, I really really like AC0's Ace Style system, with the optional targets and being able to spare pilots that leads to branching missions, and the story seems like it will be a lot shorter so you can replay it a lot to see the 3 Style's affect. Pretty rad but I keep getting instagibbed by the space laser on mission 8 seconds from the end

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tfw you either have to fly below or above 5,000 feet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I couldn't finish AC0 because the disc is scratched and keeps loving up and freezing trying to load certain FMVs, which pissed me off because I was loving it. I tried cleaning it a bunch and skipping past the loads etc. but nothign would work. I read about the last 5 missions that I couldn't complete and the finale sounds like it would have been my favorite one yet :(

At least my copy of DDS2 arrived today

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ace Combat owns extremely hard I can't wait to play the new one in VR and vomit all over the place from motion sickness and overwhelming winning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Ace Combat owns extremely hard I can't wait to play the new one in VR and vomit all over the place from motion sickness and overwhelming winning

apparently the vr is only one mission but I don't remember where I read that

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In Training posted:

apparently the vr is only one mission but I don't remember where I read that

Looks like a set of VR-specific missions: http://www.pcgamer.com/ace-combat-7-gamescom-trailer-cranks-up-the-drama/

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In the meantime listen to the Ace Combat 2 and marvel at the 2000s Namco-ness https://youtu.be/tLBWd3om47s (From 1:20)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh cool *bitterly* maybe thats why they delayed it to put in more VR missions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For some reason I cant find the music that plays over the DDS2 mantra grid, but, regardless, imagine I posted it and you are now basking in its epic glory.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1xiClh5V3U&t=4356s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No that's DDS1. I looked everywhere for the DDS2 music but could not find it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

No that's DDS1. I looked everywhere for the DDS2 music but could not find it

my bad here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peQ9kEY_hjE&t=3538s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I really loved the mantra grid in DDS2. As soon as I opened it up my heart raced wondering what skills are out there on the grid.. Unlocking them is super satisfying. Is there a game with a similar system? I'd play it right now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really wanted a SMT4 + DDS2 style game. best UI + best skill system and craziest story

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I really wanted a SMT4 + DDS2 style game. best UI + best skill system and craziest story

I wish you hadn't said that cos now I want it too

I can't wait for I.T. to finish so I can talk about my old avatar that happens to be a major spoiler

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I really loved the mantra grid in DDS2. As soon as I opened it up my heart raced wondering what skills are out there on the grid.. Unlocking them is super satisfying. Is there a game with a similar system? I'd play it right now

It's only happened once so far but when it popped up New Mantra Ring Available! and like 14 mantras pop up...mind racing immediately. And then I think, the growth is only going to exponential, because this next ring will have to be even bigger etc. I can't wait

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the most dramatic stats menu music I've ever seen except for the MGSV one but that came 15 years later

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

P-Mack posted:

That RPG feel when a boss wipes you so quick you think it must have been a story battle you're supposed to lose but nope there's the game over screen

This friggin gamer feel. I give up way more often on battles I think I'm supposed to lose on purpose then get pranked like a dumbass

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can't think of a good thread for this but ZOE 2 is being remastered for PS4 with 4K and :siren: VR support :siren:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

julian assflange posted:

Can't think of a good thread for this but ZOE 2 is being remastered for PS4 with 4K and :siren: VR support :siren:

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

*Raiden peeking out from under Zone of the Enders box* Do you know what day it is?

• Locked thread