Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Test this, you loving quack
- Sammy Jenkis
Memento (2000)

I don't know if it's because the word quack is inherently funny, or if it's the fact that you have to actually get a doctorate in order to earn the right to be called one. Either way I really like it when people refer to doctors as quacks.

In this thread please post examples of quacks. Also, if you konw of any other industry specific insults, please share them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:duck: :quack:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8hBCFsw3V0

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

haha nice thanks. Interesting YouTube comments (actually interesting, not like "oh jesus christ" interesting):

Suyamu posted:

from Wikipedia:

Quackery is the promotion[1] of fraudulent or ignorant medical practices. A quack
is a "fraudulent or ignorant pretender to medical skill" or "a person
who pretends, professionally or publicly, to have skill, knowledge, or
qualifications he or she does not possess; a charlatan".[2] The term quack is a clipped form of the archaic term quacksalver, from Dutch: quacksalver a "hawker of salve".[3] In the Middle Ages the term quack meant "shouting". The quacksalvers sold their wares on the market shouting in a loud voice.[4]

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

flying V!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
The term "snake oil salesman" tends to extend to both medical fields and anything sales related. Back in my old job (automotive parts) we nicknamed one product line rep "Snake Oil" because he clearly had no loving knowledge concerning what he was selling, but he would tell you how great the products were (and how they would solve your problems) all day.

• Locked thread