Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Weren't backstage security told that they had to prevent him from getting the cocaine or beating up Elizabeth and that they would fail one of these?

Guy Mann posted:

I really can't wait for Vince McMahon to die because I don't give a poo poo about the actual wrasslin' but the business side of WWE is goddam fascinating but we're not going to be able to get the real dirt until he's dead. The fact that despite being such a huge business with such strict exclusivity/non-compete clauses he makes all the wrestlers declare themselves independent contractors that don't get health insurance, have to file their own taxes in every state, and even provide their own transportation is so amazingly petty and is also a big part of why so many wrestlers die young and/or go crazy. Like, even a corrupt meat grinder like the NFL at least gives you a pension.
TBF that has been the case for the wrestling industry as a whole since the beginning of its history. Every wrestler owner is a big greedy shithead, and while the WWE literally has a position in the Trump presidency, I feel like ROH's owners are worse seeing how that company is owned by Sinclair.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
*powerbombs the op through a table*

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

achillesforever6 posted:

Weren't backstage security told that they had to prevent him from getting the cocaine or beating up Elizabeth and that they would fail one of these?

I think it was Lex Luger who beat Elizabeth, but Macho Man locked her in a room backstage to "keep her safe" from the other wrestlers. That seems pretty lovely, too.

http://www.thesportster.com/wrestling/15-things-you-didnt-know-about-randy-savage-and-miss-elizabeths-relationship/

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Secular Humanist posted:

I was young enough to believe wrestling was real when I was a kid, and that was back when like the ultimate warrior was puking due to the voodoo curse of papa shango, so it really hosed with my development probably

me too, it was very spooky

• Locked thread