Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are floating timelines good or bad?
gently caress you
goku
Good
Bad
Who gives a single gently caress :whatup:
I just poo poo my pants
They're very good so my characters can live forever.
They're dumb af because my characters have lost their humanity.
View Results

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

so like that show with jerry oconnell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

so like that show with jerry oconnell?
hey man. hey

calm it down a notch

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
I get how floating timelines might be bad for character driven dramas or whatever, but how can you possibly care about it in Simpsons or Family Guy?

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
When you think about it Earth is just a giant floating timeline

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i know it's a cartoon but marge does have titties right?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

Hope this doesn't shock op or anyone else but none of them are real. They're fictional. Hope this epiphany doesn't scare any of you.

The quote below you is what I already understand:

mind the walrus posted:

repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax

I'm just a huge fuggen nerd, Xtra Innings Lovin.

Tune in and chill.

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

I get how floating timelines might be bad for character driven dramas or whatever, but how can you possibly care about it in Simpsons or Family Guy?

Because otherwise the plots don't make as much sense or otherwise seem absurd. They are also series with recurring characters and motifs; they have to have come from somewhere.

Gatekeeper posted:

i know it's a cartoon but marge does have titties right?

One of the best quotes from the Simpsons was Otto and the "Fingers, man. Have you ever seen them actually 'fing'?" bit.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
more like Simpsons are in a floater timeline

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
floating down a river of piss

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

That Robot posted:

Because otherwise the plots don't make as much sense or otherwise seem absurd. They are also series with recurring characters and motifs; they have to have come from somewhere.

It's a cartoon comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

It's a cartoon comedy

Yeah I know. It's not even a show I watch often.

But I was explaining my point.

• Locked thread