Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

xZAOx posted:

But do you have cosmic wings?

I do, because of a couple Seasons back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

xZAOx posted:

:hotpickle:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That holiday gift thing was great, I wish they did that yearly. There's probably some obscure stuff I don't have yet, but it did drop me the wings which I was too lazy to farm.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Nice, you have indeed won then! I did some gift farming that year, but didn't get them. I didn't go super hard though. And yeah it'd be great if they brought that back regularly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

I watched a vid and it's a WoL monk with LOD I believe. Squishy but not too terrible was my take.

Where's the best place to do this now that Raxx left D3 for D4?

Edit
Nevermind. Looks like Filthy Casual is the place to go. He covers EU, NA, and Asia in his video. Man, (this?) LOD (build?) is bad.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 13, 2024

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

xZAOx posted:

For years now :smuggo:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Now that the game is in maintenance mode they should make goblins drop every cosmetic in the game and that includes everything from the China cash shop.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

Now that the game is in maintenance mode they should make goblins drop every cosmetic in the game and that includes everything from the China cash shop.

I wish they did slightly more than the bare minimum but realistically what 12 year old game has been supported like this? It's still funny that the launcher didn't even announce the season.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Diablo 2 got patches and ladder resets sporadically for 16+ years before D2R came out. Terraria, Minecraft, Transformice, OSRS, and lots of others I am forgetting or don't even know about are still alive and getting new content despite not having a subscription model. If you count MMOs then WoW and FF14 for sure.

Blizzard could spare the staff to work holiday gifts into the rotation like the D1 and Kanai events, they just won't. I hadn't even considered all the China-only cash shop exclusives, but there might be licensing or contractual reasons why they can't release those.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Diablo 2 didn't get a patch for like 10 years after 1.10? And their ladder seasons didn't actually change anything; they were just pure resets.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
1.11 dropped in 2005 and gave us Uber Tristram

1.12 released in 2009 and was the discless patch and councided with the digital release on battle.net

1.13 released in 2010 and brought with it respecs, removed Blessed Hammer's ability to ignore magic immunity for demons and undead, tweaked some other skills, removed experience from Uber Mephisto's spawned minions, and ever so slightly increases the drop rates of runes Mal to Zod.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Star Man posted:

1.11 dropped in 2005 and gave us Uber Tristram

1.12 released in 2009 and was the discless patch and councided with the digital release on battle.net

1.13 released in 2010 and brought with it respecs, removed Blessed Hammer's ability to ignore magic immunity for demons and undead, tweaked some other skills, removed experience from Uber Mephisto's spawned minions, and ever so slightly increases the drop rates of runes Mal to Zod.

That's all within 10 years of Diablos (LoD) release.

I feel like D3 hit that level of greatness faster though. Maybe same pace (1.11).

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Primal Ancient Split Tusk, the high point in any new season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Primal Ancient Split Tusk, the high point in any new season.

I think I've gotten 3 or 4 at this point, obviously none usable. A couple have come from crafting (crimson or guardians I think, but garbage stats) which is surprising given that I haven't made that many yet.