Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I currently am using PRTG to monitor about 15 devices via a combination of traps and SNMP polling. I'm going to be adding a handful of more systems that I'd also like to monitor this way but it's looking like I'm going to hit the sense limit that the free version of PRTG allows.

I was playing around a bit with Nagios and a couple other today but they seem to be more targeted at computers as opposed to devices. I also tried Zabbix but ran into the same kind of thing. Most of what I'm going to monitoring is broadcast systems so I don't need to be able to monitor free disk space or anything along those lines. I also have MIBS for most of what I need to check so I don't have to enter everything by hand.

I'm planning on giving OpenNMS a shot tomorrow but if there are any more suggestions or advice I'd welcome it. I'd like to stick with something that will run on Linux, preferably free since I'm not sure how long this system will be up due to a possible upcoming change in my network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread