Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

ScrubLeague posted:

Race relations are at an all-time low because a black guy was President.

A black guy could be president if he has the right politics, like that Wisconsin sheriff with the goatee

But not a liberal like Obama.

politics > race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
He wasn't even that liberal a President: prosecuted no bankers responsible for The Great Swindle, continued and expanded the Forever War, deported tons of illegal immigrants, continued the War on Drugs. The only thing they don't like about him is he was black.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Accretionist posted:

Indeed, it's an almost explicit call to arms.

Also, --

-- heck yeah!

Edit:

True Fact: Guns are rad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BwybfDmvIk

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Last time I looked at the membership perks and it was ... a sticker or something, and a subscription to American Rifleman ... and a guarantee your money will be well spent on some lunatic right-wing causes. No thanks. The least they could do is give me a subsidy toward my next gun purchase or some free ammo.

I'm disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any national organization that isn't a bunch of crackpots who have an underlying fear of having their guns taken from them.
Education and safety programs go a long way to easing people's worries about guns and is better than constantly just shouting, "NO!!!" whenever someone even tries to mention some common sense restrictions to gun ownership.

Even the Second Amendment Foundation looks more like they'd rather just file lawsuits than sit down and educate people.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/v5kPDr_gLgk

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

stealie72 posted:

The NRA is also doing some idiotic balkanizing and stirring up dumb poo poo in competitive shooting matches that have been going on for literally more than a century.

Apparently they've been getting high off their own paranoia supply lately.

Could you please elaborate? I used to shoot USPSA and 3-gun, and while it's been a while, it remains an interest. I would like to know more.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Last time I looked at the membership perks and it was ... a sticker or something, and a subscription to American Rifleman ... and a guarantee your money will be well spent on some lunatic right-wing causes. No thanks. The least they could do is give me a subsidy toward my next gun purchase or some free ammo.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Blue Train posted:

donate to the second amendment foundation instead, they actually fund lawsuits and poo poo rather than just try to collect membership fees

https://www.saf.org

They also backed down and endorsed Machin-Toomey back in May 2013; never forget. Also, once you give them your number once, they will loving NEVER stop calling, at least once per quarter, sometimes weekly. They're not as bad as the NRA, but still garbage.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

blugu64 posted:

I unironically support the NRA

lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Turmoil posted:

I'm disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any national organization that isn't a bunch of crackpots who have an underlying fear of having their guns taken from them.

turns out people that turn their weapons into a culture are insane, who could have seen this coming?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

A black guy could be president if he has the right politics, like that Wisconsin sheriff with the goatee

But not a liberal like Obama.

politics > race

"its not about race" i insist as i wear my THE WHITE HOUSE HAS A LYIN AFRICAN XXXL t-shirt

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

new friend from school posted:

Could you please elaborate? I used to shoot USPSA and 3-gun, and while it's been a while, it remains an interest. I would like to know more.
Can't find a good summary, but this has led to all sorts of backbiting and divided loyalries.
https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2016/11/16/nra-moving-national-high-power-rifle-championships-from-camp-perry/

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Turmoil posted:

Education and safety programs go a long way to easing people's worries about guns and is better than constantly just shouting, "NO!!!" whenever someone even tries to mention some common sense restrictions to gun ownership.

Even the Second Amendment Foundation looks more like they'd rather just file lawsuits than sit down and educate people.

the NRA also runs a ton of classes and safety programs, they're the 800lb gorilla of gun culture despite their insane retard PR and poor lobbying track record because they provide a tremendous number of vital services to ranges and gun owners that nobody's going to step in and replace. One of the few things it doesn't do is pander to gun control concern trolls

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 5, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

new friend from school posted:

They also backed down and endorsed Machin-Toomey back in May 2013; never forget. Also, once you give them your number once, they will loving NEVER stop calling, at least once per quarter, sometimes weekly. They're not as bad as the NRA, but still garbage.

All fair points but if you're going to donate to one of the two saf is better

Turmoil posted:

there's this, but lol

http://thecmp.org

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Blue Raider posted:

got my 2017 life member card in the mail a couple of days ago

Good job friend, congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I just wish there was a less extreme alternative to the NAACP that was willing to acknowledge the full range of human biodiversity

• Locked thread