Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
What's the quickest that Team Rocket has blasted off in an episode of Pokemon? I'm working on a project, and I need to know the quickest that Team Rocket has Blasted Off in a episode of Pokemon. Specifically, I'm looking for the Indigo League series (the first 80 episodes released in the US, 82 released in Japan). I tried looking it up on my own, but it's tough to find. Note that the Youtube videos "Pokemon Team Rockets Quickest Blast Off" and "MP #04-''Team Rockets Quickest Blast Off!!"'' don't count, as they are from the Diamond & Pearl series.

I'm going to keep looking for it on my own, but if any of you know, or know where I could find out, it'd really help. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dasilodavi
Jan 25, 2015
While I do not have the time nor the desire to hunt this information down, I'm not totally unsympathetic to your plight. Netflix does not have the entire Indigo League series, if Google is to be believed.

Depending on how important this is to you, you may need to knuckle down and work through the episodes yourself. I haven't found a list of episodes TR blasted off but that's gotta be out there.
10-second increment skipping is your friend. You can save time by identifying the moment TR blasts off, then fast-forward to that spot and see if they've blasted off yet. If you have a viewer that shows the screenshots as part of the scrubbing bar you can find it even quicker.

Start with broad strokes. You're going to want to find an episode where TR was almost entirely ancillary, but included enough to sneak in the gag. Maybe it happened really early to knock it out of the way. Look for episodes where TR was introduced really early. Use that as a baseline.

EDIT: Well, I'm confused. The Pokemon Wiki for Indigo League says there were only 80 US episodes (plus those 2 that were giving people seizures in Japan), but there are YouTube episodes that show the Indigo League episode numbers much higher. Is someone on the Internet wrong? :ohdear:

So I don't know where you're ending your search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K99sp47bSI&t=710sThis episode has two blast-offs, the first occurring around 11:50-12:00. Decent start, if this is a valid one; it's listed as episode 101.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gncu7IAUw&t=540s Episode 6, the first appearance of them blasting off to a twinkling star, has it happening around the 9:00 mark. It's early in the series, so it's cheap animation and isn't the aforementioned twinkling star gag. Plus Meowth isn't with them, so depending on how pedantic you're being this may not count.

Dasilodavi fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 30, 2017

• Locked thread