Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
im glad cnn thought committing felony blackmail was a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Philip Rivers posted:

i have a really big crush on rachel maddow okay is it so wrong to have a television girlfriend

nah that's cool

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Actually, it's about ethics in cable news journalism

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

nah that's cool

thanks i like her a lot appreciate ur blessing merry

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Nebakenezzer posted:

This has been an editorial without periods

Hmmmm you may be onto something. If you move to the next line, is there really a need for another indicator.
Is the comma before the "and" really necessary?

My life has been altered. (dammit I hit the period)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Nebakenezzer posted:

This has been an editorial without periods

the only type of editorial that trump likes

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Les Os posted:

everything on the big news networks has devolved into punditry so my question is how long is this really sustainable?
you know how people say that there's a limit to outrage? that's bullshit. and because it's bullshit, it's a very sustainable model

it also costs less to have opinion programming and content than to have stuff of real substance. it's not just at cable news networks, it's everywhere. ESPN laid off 100 people and not one of them were guys like Stephen A Smith

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dahn posted:

Hmmmm you may be onto something. If you move to the next line, is there really a need for another indicator.
Is the comma before the "and" really necessary?

My life has been altered. (dammit I hit the period)

I think the comma before the and is the 'oxford comma', which like most thing grammar related has cause more heated partisan rhetoric than Israel and Palestine to those that care.

I like it tho. Consider the sentence "the strippers, Hitler, and Stalin are at the party" vs. "the strippers, Hitler and Stalin are at the party" and you might agree it is useful

Also, 24 hour news: to fill time we invite rabid dogs on so they can "answer questions":

http://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-surrogates-have-a-buckwild-night-on-tv-demonstra-1796878423

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Nebakenezzer posted:

I think the comma before the and is the 'oxford comma', which like most thing grammar related has cause more heated partisan rhetoric than Israel and Palestine to those that care.

I like it tho. Consider the sentence "the strippers, Hitler, and Stalin are at the party" vs. "the strippers, Hitler and Stalin are at the party" and you might agree it is useful

Also, 24 hour news: to fill time we invite rabid dogs on so they can "answer questions":

http://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-surrogates-have-a-buckwild-night-on-tv-demonstra-1796878423

the strippers, hitler and stalin, are at the party

for maximum clarity

• Locked thread