Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Virtual Console re-releases of StarTropics has a clever way of getting around the "you need the instruction manual to get past this part" ending of Chapter 4. If you go to the "how to play" section of the game, there's a section that simulates the part where you have to dip the letter in water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

There's a ship in our way and we need to get it out of the way. It is somewhat unclear to me how what we do removes the ship but I'm sure it'd make sense to me if I hade more of an imagination.

Nintendo Power

Above you get to see the Nintendo Game Counselor profiles found at the bottom of two of the pages of the Nintendo Game Counselor Corner. Please tell me which one is your favorite Game Counselor. Just going by taste in games it's probably Gayle, Josh or John, but boy am I torn.

Nintendo Game Atlas

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 24, 2017

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Gayle is the only one who doesn't have some kind of outdoor sports-type hobby and instead she lists 'Dragon Models' as a hobby so that makes her the best, obviously.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

GirlCalledBob posted:

Gayle is the only one who doesn't have some kind of outdoor sports-type hobby and instead she lists 'Dragon Models' as a hobby so that makes her the best, obviously.

Yeah, but she even needed a man to help her beat Super Mario Bros. 2.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Kind of weird how this chapter, short though it was, had a decent amount of unique music in it.

Magic Fanatic
Oct 28, 2008
Oh hey, now we're past where I stopped playing because I got bored.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
I'd like to give my man Chad some cred for having his favorite game be a mapgame before mapgames were even a thing

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Nidoking posted:

Yeah, but she even needed a man to help her beat Super Mario Bros. 2.

Sure, but Mike over there needed three men to help him.

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009
Props to Josh for that Battle of Olympus love.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

On to chapter 6, getting close to Dr. J. By just kinda riding our submarine around the ocean a bit.

Nintendo Power

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
So this episode confirms the conspiracy theory that the Moai were not put on Easter Island(ola) by aliens, but that they are themselves the aliens??? :tinfoil:

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Am I the only one that got a chuckle when reading that they put the apple in for... flavour?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess when you've already got a plot driving you they can just put whatever jokes strike their fancy into the world map.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

We're gonna fight using ***** to find your uncle!

Nintendo Power

Game Atlas

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Are you going to be playing the Sequel too?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Kurieg posted:

Are you going to be playing the Sequel too?

I'm not gonna LP it but I've kicked the idea around that I'll stream it after this LP is finished.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose Mike never had the history channel, so when his uncle starts talking about aliens and magic cubes he figures there might be something to it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay, so we found our uncle. Time to kick some alien butt!

The proper Nintendo Power walkthrough ends after finding Dr. J, so no more of that, unfortunately. The remaining Nintedo Power Coverage, found below, isn't quite as comprehensive. Not that the actual walkthrough was worth too much by modern standards. But below is what's left.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, we are giving and taking tremendous amounts of damage. What's a potion heal now, like one hit?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Glazius posted:

Man, we are giving and taking tremendous amounts of damage. What's a potion heal now, like one hit?

Five hearts. So about a hit and change.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This is the final episode. Do you still got bananas in your ears? Be sure to get them out by the end of this post to make sure you hear my announcement about the Startropics 2 stream(s) I'll be doing.

(pictured above, image I wanted to use as an end card to the previous video but I forgot to record audio to go along with it and couldn't be bothered to do that after already rendering the video)

As mentioned at the start of the post I will be streaming Startropics 2: Zoda's Revenge On my twitch. I'll be doing so on Saturday, 12th August at 21:00 BST (GMT+1) / 15:00 GDT (GMT-5) click here to see what this means in your local time. I don't know if I'll beat the entire game in one sitting, I kind of doubt it but it's not impossible. However, if I don't manage to play a video game for five hours straight I will play through the rest of the game another time. I will announce when I go live in this thread. As well as probably on twitter and wherever I can justify it.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Regarding the "bananas in your ears" thing, if that was any sort of reference it went straight over the head of 13-year-old me at the time. I think it was just a setting-appropriate running gag the writers came up with.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's weird that the shooting star and supernova never featured in those slides. I guess since they're fantastic weapons in the first place they didn't really have an idea how Mike would hold them without spiking/burning his hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

The stream is already live but we'll begin in ten-ish minutes. Come hop on in! https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

E: And done! Here's the VOD (No sound at the start for some reason, it sets in in time for gameplay, though). I'll also slice it into smaller chunks for easier viewing at some point sooner or later but if you wanna watch the whole thing now but couldn't be there at the time the VOD's the way.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 13, 2017

• Locked thread