Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014

Introducing Star Fox 64 seems a bit redundant, but I'll do it anyway:

Star Fox 64 is the wildly popular Nintendo 64 follow-up to the original Star Fox for the Super Nintendo. It's an on-rails vehicle shooter with a space adventure story about a group of mercenaries saving the galaxy from an evil warlord... as enacted by cute cartoon animal-people.

The game has a set first level, two versions of the final level, and a number of different paths of progression to get from the former to the latter. There will always be five levels in between, but which five levels you play depends on what challenges you complete in each level, meaning that there dozens of different routes you can take through the story.

I'm structuring my LP so that all of the options for your second level, third level, etc. drop at the same time, and you can choose which video to watch based on which path you'd like to follow, to mimic the flow of the game. Or, alternatively, you could just watch all the videos as soon as they're uploaded. That's fine too. I'm not the boss of you.

I would like for this thread to be welcoming to the people out there who haven't played Star Fox 64 before, so I will be asking that you guys don't spoil anything. Maybe it sounds silly, I dunno, but there are a few surprises in store for newcomers.

Videos:
Level 0 - Training
Level 1 - Corneria
Level 2A - Meteo
Level 2B - Sector Y
Level 3A - Fortuna
Level 3B - Katina
Level 3C - Aquas
Level 4A - Sector X
Level 4B - Solar
Level 4C - Zoness
Level 5A - Titania
Level 5B - Macbeth
Level 5C - Sector X

NineWheels fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
The second batch of videos are up!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I've always found it interesting that when you shoot Falco he says "Hey Einstein I'm on your side!" or something to that effect; unintentionally making the Starfox universe tied-in to the 20th century Earth timeline

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sjs00 posted:

I've always found it interesting that when you shoot Falco he says "Hey Einstein I'm on your side!" or something to that effect; unintentionally making the Starfox universe tied-in to the 20th century Earth timeline

there was a nintendo power reader question about this and the response from nintendo power was 'lol it's a game' in almost exactly those words

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

This in a game where the human surnames Lombardi, McCloud, Grey, and Monroe also appear, and sometimes line up with comparable humans.

I just assumed there was some scientist called Owlbert Einstein or something and the expression referred to him.

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
Sorry for the big delay in updates. Summer job has me busier than I thought it would. The next videos will be up this weekend.

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
Third set of videos is up at long last!

NineWheels
Jun 5, 2014
New videos are up, with a promise that it'll be no more than 10 days before the next batch are up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
Those weird secret areas look crazy to me. What's the point of them? To get more points or just avoid fighting a boss?

• Locked thread