Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

It looks objectively clumsy and has no valid etymological (or whatever the term is for notation) reason to exist other than laziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax
Using a comma as a decimal mark and as a thousands separator

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

lol of course quebec has to be the oddball in canada

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Schadenboner posted:

SAP uses the decimal as a comma out-of-the-box, about half of our US customers are smart enough to fix it.

deutschland über alles

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
nein, Einichkeit über alles.

Und ein Bisschen Recht, Freiheit usw.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Shaggar posted:

also any user facing component is terrible

temping doing backoffice poo poo rn and i can confirm this

the thing is so loaded with control surfaces that the only draggable part of the window is about 25px wide, and laggy/weird enough to the extent that whenever your cursor crosses into the boundaries of the window when resizing it starts activating said control surfaces. i didn't even know that was possible. i guess all the german ux design goes into forklift simulator or something

not the worst user experience in a backoffice software i've used though - it generally does what it's told the vast majority of the time. i've used cloud based backoffice databases loaded with hamburger menus, torturous animations and no hotkeys which only work on chrome, just in case you felt like living through a web 2.0 perversion of ie6 web apps

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it's extremely hosed up, op

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Generic Monk posted:

not the worst user experience in a backoffice software i've used though - it generally does what it's told the vast majority of the time. i've used cloud based backoffice databases loaded with hamburger menus, torturous animations and no hotkeys which only work on chrome, just in case you felt like living through a web 2.0 perversion of ie6 web apps

lol how bad do you have to be at webdev to only support a single browser nowadays

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

lol how bad do you have to be at webdev to only support a single browser nowadays

everyone only supports the new IE6, chrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

voted 5,0

• Locked thread