Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Hoo boy I can't wait to see who the London Gunners are playing

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

webmeister posted:

It's going to be 1-1, United concede in the first 10 and Fellaini equalisers with a scrappy header in the 85th minute

Fellaini isn't in the squad I don't think, Mourinho was making a sad face about it.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

sebzilla posted:

Pretty excited to watch plucky newcomers to the Champions League Manchester United face off against the fearsome powerhouse of FC Basel tonight.

Should be a spicy game!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Apparently it's Barcelona - Juventus tonight too. Does anybody think Juventus have a chance? I have a free bet and they're like 7/1.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic are going to get bummed by PSG tonight and it will be extremely bad.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

sebzilla posted:

Fellaini isn't in the squad I don't think, Mourinho was making a sad face about it.

He's on the bench for the game so I guess he is! Lindelof is starting with Smalling as CBs, is this his first competitive fixture?

Pogba as captain lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

shut up blegum posted:

Apparently it's Barcelona - Juventus tonight too. Does anybody think Juventus have a chance? I have a free bet and they're like 7/1.

Juve are hit hard by injuries and a suspension, and are going with a different formation to anything they've used in recent years. There are multiple players starting that only have a handful of minutes so far this year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
On the other hand, Barca are a bunch of bitch babies so maybe Juve will win. Worth a cheeky bet imo.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gigi Galli posted:

On the other hand, Barca are a bunch of bitch babies so maybe Juve will win. Worth a cheeky bet imo.

theyre both empty shells of once great teams

i predict a turgid 0-0 crapfest

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

if you're in the US Celtic-PSG is free on Facebook, which is good. dunno if it'll work in other countries

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Ashley Young sighting lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

loads of Catalan nationalism poo poo tonight at Camp Nou, which is my reminder to you that Catalan nationalism is just Lega Nord but slightly leftish

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Sporting up with a free kick over Olympiakos, keeper came out and Bravo'd it

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Not a big fan of the back of the Juve kits

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

pik_d posted:

Sporting up with a free kick over Olympiakos, keeper came out and Bravo'd it

i hope ederson has a long term injury so we get another year of Claudio Bravo comedy goalkeeping

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

RideTheSpiral posted:

i hope ederson has a long term injury so we get another year of Claudio Bravo comedy goalkeeping

He traveled with the squad to play Feyenoord so get hosed I guess.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

Not a big fan of the back of the Juve kits

it's mandatory in Europe for striped/hooped teams to have a solid back number panel

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Troy Queef posted:

it's mandatory in Europe for striped/hooped teams to have a solid back number panel

Football is ruined

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Cant wait for deulofeu to make an appearance lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I made a group stage thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834005

• Locked thread