Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Considering both the objective box office drawing power and the subjective quality of their work, who do y'all think is the best Ace from wrestling history? Or who is just your favorite?

Personally speaking, I'm a John Cena guy. He's a great wrestler and a great role model who people of all ages pay to see. He's just the greatest guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

*high pitched japanese commentary voice: MISAWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Misawa run for All Japan is just absurd for match quality/drawing house and is probably the best Ace run out there

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Okada is my personal fave. Misawa may have had a bunch of 5 star matches, but Okada's the only ace with a 6.25 star match. Until Omega becomes ace, of course.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tough choice but I gotta go with the J E double F J A double R E double T. An ace in two different companies, and the ace of my heart.

It's my world, gentlemen

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

My personal fav Ace in all of wrestling

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

My personal fav Ace in all of wrestling

Somewhere Ace Steel and Ace Darling weep stoically

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sting is the worst ace.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009
ace combat zero - that spanish guitar during the final boss though :guitar:

Serious post - only going off what I've watched (admittedly not much), Okada by leaps and bounds. The Wrestle Kingdom match with Omega had me captivated to an extent I'd never been before, to the point neighbors possibly heard me yelling at my screen.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE KING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S25uXY4BW7k

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 21, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okada is fantastic and given a few more years may be the all time best, but for now I gotta go with Misawa because holy shiiiiiiit

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You know I don't know much about Mexican Wrestling but the correct answer is probably El Santo.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
ya'll talking about misawa when the real biggest ace of all time was rikidozan. talk to me when someone else has over half of their countries' television tuned to their matches.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Big Daddy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm the ace of rowdy ringsports

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

These are all great but there's only one talent in a century worthy of the title of being ace of the universe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

You know I don't know much about Mexican Wrestling but the correct answer is probably El Santo.

If you divorce it from working ability and make it just about drawing he's a contender but I think Rikidozan is a better choice there than Santo. The second biggest star in lucha history was his contemporary while Rikidozan was so far and above his contemporaries in star power.

Since people talk about aces as the top star and a great worker to me it is Kobashi in NOAH. The company rose with him and completely fell apart without him.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

These are all great but there's only one talent in a century worthy of the title of being ace of the universe

It's a young century, my man

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Was Dusty a good ace back in the day? Like did he draw well?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Was Dusty a good ace back in the day? Like did he draw well?

Until he killed a promotion, sure

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I already said JJ

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

my favorite ace combat is Ace Combat 7 op

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Outside of wanting to mention Tanahashi's monikers because I love them, my favorite Ace is always going to be Steve Austin even if there's a lot of nostalgia mixed in with that choice

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the one with the idol master skins

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd argue that Cena is probably the WWE's best Ace in terms of match quality/drawing power. Hogan doesn't have the match quality but has the drawing. Austin has some quality but doesn't have the years and half of those are wasted on Russo stuff which hasn't aged well. And same for Rock and he went off to Hollywood.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
SCSA and The Rock as co-aces is a the correct answer.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

how quickly we forget Sonny Siaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NienNunb posted:

Sting is the worst ace.

Don't know if he's the all time worst, but you can't even discuss the topic without him.

• Locked thread