Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It's been since early 2014 since I've done an MDickie playthrough and it's time for my return. We've just had the release of Wrestling Revolution 3D on Steam; for those blissfully unaware.

MDickie's Wrestling Revolution is the backyard wrestling company when compared to WWE games and Fire Pro Wrestling. The world features multiple companies that can hire you from wrestling school [where you start in career mode].

We will be going through career mode. You start in Wrestling school and you embark on an endless journey of playing every week of the year. These weekly bookings can be matches, charity events, funeral events (if you killed a wrestler!) and interpromotional events, or if you're poo poo......no match bookings.

This game is different because you're not just fighting AI opponents in career mode. The world evolves around you, wrestlers can die, retire, make friends or star feuds with you. Even if you leave one company, the world will persist on a weekly basis. If a wrestler dies, normally a tribute event is held.

It's not a cake walk either as there's lots of things that can happen between matches too. Wrestlers will ask for your help ringside for cash, they may want to shake you down or start a fight. Or the GM will ask you to lose weight in a month, and if you fail, your fat rear end is out the door.

This is a mobile port, and i've not played this career mode through, so there will be a lot of new things to experience. I know from playing exhibition, there are mid match 'promos'. Such as accidently beating your tag team partner will cause them to switch sides. It's gonna be a hoot:

For new fans who didn't see the original playthroughs of Wrestling Mpire remix; Radical Larry is our guy. He normally favours TNT to blow wrestlers limbs off, but sadly at the moment this is not featuring in revolution (yet!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_EICOHPK-s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leximancer
Oct 24, 2010
Well, I certainly didn't expect the return of this series. I look forward to seeing the RNG write more gallows humor... I still remember the combination inferno match + tribute show. Sad to hear the injury system isn't entirely functional in this one, though.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Leximancer posted:

Sad to hear the injury system isn't entirely functional in this one, though.

That's good news for me. I thought there were no injuries in this one.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGkczP0MGNU

This is now running my WRHD mod which makes the game look MUCH better. Also i'm running a real world mod now (with real themes) so we can tell who the real assholes are this time around. We get our first haircut in this ep!

• Locked thread