Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

GameCube posted:

oh poo poo did they finally admit their poo poo sucks and go back to using google maps?

they had to hustle to compete with google maps or else that would have gone all to waste. good move by apple

akadajet posted:

dude. your avatar is a blue cartoon dog with human breasts. i can't take you seriously any more.

lol that reminds me i blocked Stymie's avatar a long time ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

carplay apple maps is finally getting its poo poo together with lane marking and speed limit displaying, on par with decent and integrated gps maps in vehicles and i think android auto

its not the best cutting edge feature wise but the ease of use and full integration make it good. this next release should go a decent way to smoothing out that wrinkle and make it a good basic native maps solution

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

if they added elective local maps caching like google thatd be great, it might cache automatically but id be hard pressed to tell since i get the occasional tile when plugging in a destination in my car

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I was already using Apple maps out of spite anyway

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i've been using carplay and it works ok for the most part. my main complaint is still with the apple maps themselves, like if i open google maps and navigate to one of the open space parks, they have all the parking lots and entrances marked, even the trails inside the park! in apple maps it looks like an empty blob of nothing. so there's nothing to click, nowhere to indicate where i should drop my pin

also siri doesn't know when to shut the hell up

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

I was already using Apple maps out of spite anyway

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
google has enough of my data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat